Under Armour Stealth Rain Jacket Reviews??

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
Hey all

I'm in the market for a new backpacking rain jacket and I stumbled on the Under Armour Stealth Rain Jacket. It seems to fit nice in the store, it is light enough, packs small enough, but I don't know a lot about it beyond that?

Is it 100% waterproof? Windproof? Does it breath well (compared to other rain gear) Durable?

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks guys. Hunt hard this fall.

OR Archer

May 27, 2011
Eugene, OR
www.facebook.com
I just spent the last week in the Colorado high country and the UA Stealth rain gear was what I took with me. It performed flawlessly. We had thunder and lightning storms every afternoon with rain. It kept me dry all week. As far as breathability it has zippered vents under each arm to help with breathing. Its windproof also but I dont think they advertise it as such.

Jul 28, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
I would be very wary of any storm shell that is not Gortex. Other membranes work the first couple of drenchings, then go downhill fast. Buy cheap; buy twice.

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
Thanks for the review OR Archer and 8750.

OR Glad to hear someone is using it. What you said is pretty much what I thought about it.

8750 I was worried about the same thing. But I just replaced my Goretex rain pants after two season because the membrane had broken down after being compressed in the stuff sack in my pack. The guys at UA say this membrane doesn't break down like that. I"m still on the fence.

OR Archer

May 27, 2011
Eugene, OR
www.facebook.com
I have complete faith in my UA hunting gear. Been wearing their stuff for a long time now and all of my gear performs great. It holds up exceptionally well. I dont think you will be disappointed in this product.

Jul 28, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
Ive actually had a Marmot Gortex jacket delaminate like that. I sent it back as a warranty issue (it was three years old) and they replaced it. I wish they made camo. Im sure there must be some new products out there that have the quality of Gore, but I haven't found anything yet.
OR Archer, Im glad to hear you've had good luck with their stuff. I am going to be in the market for a new hunting storm shell soon and I will keep that stuff in mind.
*****Good luck with with the Under Armour. They seem like a great company with quality gear. I just bought a pair of the Ridge Reaper boots. Ive put about 10 miles on them. I can't wait to break them in.

Jul 28, 2011
Fort Collins, CO
I wanted the Speed Freaks, but when I tried them on they produced a terrible pinch just in front of my ankle bone when I flexed forward. I tried on the Danner pronghorn and some others, but I was really drawn to the Ridge Reeper. It is a little taller than I like, but I just forgo the upper laces. I think the taller profile will be nice with a heavy load on my back or if I get into snow. They are still amazingly light though.