Trophy Bonded Tip (Reloading)

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
Federal is selling Trophy Bonded Tip bullets for reloading.
I have always been interested in this bullet.
Now that it's available for reloading I'm real interested.

Anyone have any experience with this bullet.
Can't find the minimal velocity for opening (Called Federal but I have not heard back from them).

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Call Federal also. It was the " trophy bonded bear claw "then Fed. bought them out and made it into a tipped bullet.
I used to load them for my 300wsm until they were bought out and not available. I will for sure get some for reloading, great bullet.
My loads for the non-tipped version were not hard to dial in for my rifle.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
As noted above they are based off the Trophy Bonded Bear Claw. Great bullet. Bonded with 90% weight retention. Federal makes the Tipped Trophy Bonded bullet. You could buy the rounds from Federal but they never sold this bullet for reloading. However, they do now. Federal has reloading recipes on their website. I can't find the minimal impact velocity for opening. I called federal but I still haven't heard back from them.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Sorry my order was not for 270 cal bullets.
Just called Federal and they put me right through to a reloading guy with info. He stated no minimum velocity for the bullets. He is sending via email some reloading data not posted on their website.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
Good info on minimum velocity. Glad you got thru. I called yesterday morning and today. Said the guy I need to chat with is busy. Took my name and number both times. No call back yet.

Mule3006Elk

Jul 3, 2013
They did call back. Same info. No minimum for opening. No G7 BC data. They didn't know how far off the lands for reloading. When you reloaded these previously how far off the lands did you start? Thanks