Trip Insurance

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
I am planning a Wyoming hunt for next fall and would like some suggestions on purchasing trip insurance.
If the members would be willing to give me the name(s) of a company they would suggest that would be very much appreciated.
Thanks for all your assistance and happy trails.
Gman

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I have no idea anymore of who I used for trip insurance when I headed over to Africa 4 years ago but I believe that the travel agent that I used was a agent to sell the insurance. Check out Travel Express on the web and see if they are offering it.

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I would think just about any travel insurance policy would cover cancelation, etc. I'd probably first check with whoever provides your home/auto insurance. If they don't have an option, you may look into AIG, they have (had?) a trophy big game policy, it covered mounts, trip cancelation, etc... No idea on cost. Chubb also has an annual travel insurance policy, may look into that as well - trip cancelation/interruption would be an optional upgrade, so you may not come out far ahead, after the cost associated with purchasing the policy.

Reactions: gman1

sneakypete

Veteran member
Aug 9, 2011
Oakdale Ca.
I can't remember the name of the company buy they are always at the Wild Sheep Show in Reno. It maybe worth a call to the WSFin Bozeman!