Today at the Dentist’s Office....

memtb

I returned to the lobby after finishing my appointment, and witnessed my wife involved in a hunting rifle conversation with the young lady receptionist.

It seems the young lady is wanting to step up a bit from her .270 Win. to something larger for her hunting rifle. My wife was extolling the virtues of the .338 WM. I guess the lady will be coming to the house to run a few rounds through my wife’s rifle, to see what it is like.

Maybe not “only in Wyoming”, but probably not an everyday conversation in many dentist offices! 😁 memtb

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I returned to the lobby after finishing my appointment, and witnessed my wife involved in a hunting rifle conversation with the young lady receptionist.

It seems the young lady is wanting to step up a bit from her .270 Win. to something larger for her hunting rifle. My wife was extolling the virtues of the .338 WM. I guess the lady will be coming to the house to run a few rounds through my wife’s rifle, to see what it is like.

Maybe not “only in Wyoming”, but probably not an everyday conversation in many dentist offices! 😁 memtb
That’s awesome!

memtb

I thought it was pretty neat! A young woman, that likes to hunt, wants to upgrade her rifle.....doesn’t get any better than that! 😁

My wife warned her of the recoil, and told her she could shoot off of the shooting sticks rather than the bench! We’ll probably have her wear the PAST Recoil Shield....it does help a bit!

Who knows....we may have a convert! 😉 memtb

LeeSikvel

Sep 7, 2022
Haha, that's a pretty interesting conversation at the dentist's office! It's always funny when unexpected topics come up in unexpected places. The key is to prevent situations when it comes to knocking teeth out. I had the unfortunate experience of losing one of my teeth myself. It was challenging to find a good dental clinic that could help me restore it. However, I found a reliable dentist at https://thehealthysmile.net/ through persistence and searching. This experience taught me the value of dental health and to go to professionals for quality treatment. That's why regular visits to the dentist and taking care of your teeth are essential.

Last edited:

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
I have been using a 338 wm since 1996. It is my elk rifle.
There are alot of other cartridges that won't rattle her teeth out and be a step up in power.
the 338 is awesome, just hard to practice with.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho

Since this got brought back to the top, how did it turn out?