Tire Recommendations Honda Rubicon 500

88man

Feb 20, 2014
Pa
I need to put new tires on my machine. Looking at something that has aggressive tread and best flat resistance? Pleas please share your thoughts.

Tim McCoy

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2014
Oregon
When I upgraded, I wanted the same thing. So ended up with a 6 ply tread and went ahead with new Alum wheels to help keep unsprung weight down. Forget the brand, but it's tread pattern is an angled series of bars like a UTV tire, works great. Had em add in slime and mount the wheels, was just over $600. On on-line speciality place, are several to choose from. I can check the brand/model if you like.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
I have a 2004 Honda foreman. Put maxxis mudzillas on it in late 2004 I’m still running in the tires 13 years later and 6000 mile down the road with not one flat. They r the most aggressive puncture resistant tire u will find period. Very little signs of wear

Last edited:

pikeman1

Apr 6, 2017
U.P. of Michigan
I guess it depends on what you use it for. I sure wouldn't put mudzillas on it if you just trail ride. If you mud with it I would run outlaws, silverbacks, or mudzillas. Trail riding, original bighorns, gbc dirt comanders, bear claw htr's.

tdub24

Veteran member
Dec 15, 2011
Carlin, NV
I think when I upgraded quite a few years ago I put Kenda Executioners on my 2006 Honda Foreman. Earlier on I used that ATV a ton and never got any flats. I think they are 6 ply and the lugs have not worn down much at all.

X001.jpg

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
Both my ATV's still have stock tires on them. When I need new tires, I will be going with either Kendra Bearclaws or Maxxis Bighorns.

Others have said the same...really depends on what your use will be -- trail / mud / sand / etc.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Honestly, I would check e-bay and get factory stock rims and tires sent to your house for MUCH cheaper than putting aftermarket tires on your machine.

I got 4 rims and tires shipped to my house for 200$ for my honda pioneer. I dont even need them but I couldnt pass it up. They were literally brand new.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
You will not beat mudzilla period. All these other tires u will replace every 2000 miles not mudzilla. they will run on zero pounds pressure if need be. They will cost you but well worth it in the long run and there isn't a more aggressive tire

smith931

Dec 31, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Sedona Mud Rebel ATV Tires, designed for utility ATV rider and the aggressive mud. They can handle dry trails and rocks with ease, also performs incredibly in mud.
High-quality carcass materials allow controlling inflated sizes that allow your vehicle to perform the highest level of performance. They offer increased sidewall strength to puncture resistance. It can impact on absorption while carrying heavy loads.