Tick Toc. Waiting for the draw

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
If it is general rifle odd are it was for your first choice, very few make it to the second round.

Archery it could be any of your choices, muzzle loader is about the same as general rifle.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
got my e-mail,,it was my first choice,,,,though a few years ago i have drawn my 2nd choice twice and pulled a 3rd choice 4 yrs ago,so ya never know,,i think this is my 7th or 8th strait general muzz deer tag from utah in a row.

Stevo

Mar 2, 2014
Texas
got my e-mail,,it was my first choice,,,,though a few years ago i have drawn my 2nd choice twice and pulled a 3rd choice 4 yrs ago,so ya never know,,i think this is my 7th or 8th strait general muzz deer tag from utah in a row.
Congrats! Looks like I need to change strategies from rifle to muzzy!

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
I have such bad luck at the draw, I can’t even get my rejection letter yet.
Firearrow I feel your pain man. I am a resident of Utah and was pretty surprised to not draw my Antelope tag with five preference points. At least I did draw my general archery deer tag. Hope your able to get an OTC tag or something so you can get some hunting in this fall.

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
Firearrow I feel your pain man. I am a resident of Utah and was pretty surprised to not draw my Antelope tag with five preference points. At least I did draw my general archery deer tag. Hope your able to get an OTC tag or something so you can get some hunting in this fall.
I got it today. Nada. But I “should” draw a unit 21 deer tag in CO, and I will be going to WY on a antelope hunt with my middle son. He turns 12 this year and will be behind the trigger finally. I’m really looking forward to that hunt.

But there is still hope for NV, MT, ID, and here in CA. But I’m not holding my breath.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
firearrow if ya draw 21 colorado,i can give ya some tips as i drew it last year for 2nd season deer.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
firearrow if ya draw 21 colorado,i can give ya some tips as i drew it last year for 2nd season deer.
I might be getting with you on the unit 21 info.

My brother in law put in for second season there and should have enough points to draw so we'll see. I'll be the guide on the hunt. All I have ever done in that unit is hunt rabbits in January. I have some pretty good info from a friend that hunted it last year also so we might need to compare notes.

Firearrow

Mar 1, 2011
CA
That would be much appreciated. I’ve been looking at GE a lot and each time I get more excited. I have 9 points and I think it usually takes about 6 to draw. It sounds like this should be a fun hunt. Looking over deer until you find one you like. I’m not a trophy hunter, and to be honest it will be hard for me to not shoot the first buck I see. I hope to get there a few days early to scout. I hope that calms my urge to shoot the first buck.

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
it took me 9 points last year to pull the n r tag in 21,,so good luck..if ya draw,ill help ya out,,it was enjoyable hunt though it was a bit crowded

grizzly

Dec 3, 2013
UT
Nothing for me.

Except for this...!!!
20190517_184921.jpg

My wife drew out of the random pool two years ago and now it's my turn :cool:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Don't feel lonely, Utah doesn't want any of my non resident money.

If it wasn't for my lifetime license that I purchased way back in 1987 I wouldn't have a deer tag. But depending on what I draw in Wyoming I may not even hunt Utah for the first time in over 50 years.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Nothing for me.

Except for this...!!!
View attachment 23475

My wife drew out of the random pool two years ago and now it's my turn :cool:
That's cool, The pics of your wife's hunt were great. Can't wait to read the story and see pics. I have 19 points after this year. I sure hope I get a chance to experience that hunt before I'm to old!
Hope you have a great hunt!