The Whitetail Success Thread

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Post em up guys! Looking at our demographics there are a bunch of you who are in whitetail killing zones...

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I'll start this one

This in my cousin's son Seth Moss. He killed this monster whitetail buck in Virginia. He would get up every morning and hunt behind his house for a buck. He was seen in the summer by someone else but Seth didn't know he was in the area he was hunting in. Seth put in the time, hard work and determination to bring home a Moss record for the family.
Seth is shooting a Mathews Chill SDX 58lb with a 25" draw.
Congratulations Seth on a magnificent buck of a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
That's an awesome, unique buck!! Tell that young man congratulations!!

I am heading out with my son in the morning on a East plains Colorado deer hunt, hopefully will have something to post.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Tagged a nice WT Saturday evening. Between rain, warm temps, and a sporadic start of the rut, hunting has been tough this year.
Pics will be forthcoming.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Not just a good buck but a buck of a lifetime. And with a bow! Congrats to that young man for staying in the game. I would love to hear him tell the story.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
Shot this guy yesterday (11/09). Bucks were going crazy chasing does; one of the most intense chasing phase I have ever seen. I wish I had more time for picks but had to race home to take my son to the orthodontist.

20171109_081134.jpg
20171109_090233.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: boiler

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
20171111_145352.jpg
Yesterday and today were the first 2 times my daughter has ever went deer hunting. I told her I'd shoot whatever deer she told me too. She said, I just want you to shoot a buck. We seen a doe last night, and today after a couple hours of walking and glassing I spotted this buck bedded with a doe from about 400 yards. The wind was horrible there was no way I felt comfortable with the shot. So, we dropped around them, and snuck up to 70 yards. I shot him in his bed, and he never even tried to get up. My daughter had a blast. I look forward to many more hunts with my kids.

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
I have been out of the Elk loop this year as I had some other obligations. But I have been doing a lot of local Whitetail hunting this year. Here are two from this season so far. Season isn't over til Jan 1.

2017 October buck

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Great bucks contender im hoping to have some luck aoon had a few close encounters so far with my bow just not able to put it together so far. The gun season starts the 15th so theres going to be way more people out in the woods in a few days. Be nice to end my 5 year drought this year.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk