The View From Here (New Years)

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Well after a long process and a lot of time and work we finally were able to get in the new house right before Christmas. We bought raw property a few years ago and did all the improvements getting power and water etc. to it. We also started a Honey Bee and Christmas tree business as a farm project for the acreage (58 acres total). Built a shop (that is not quite finished) and made a fifth wheel pad and went to work trying to meet our goals in 2 years. We are about a year late but, we finally finished the foundation and site prep this fall and luckily beat the weather setting the home and finishing the block skirting plus all the other site prep and button up to get temp occupancy permit. Once the snows gone I will finish the backfill etc. for my final inspection.
I can't wait to start all my wildlife habitat projects, as this place will be my retirement project to play with and enjoy the space and wildlife while being close to all the Grandkids :)
It's been pretty nasty weather since we moved in, so we haven't seen just how well I did situating the house from all angles. The New Year brought us a blue cold morning and the beautiful view that I sometimes forget to slow down and enjoy. I think we got it just right :)
We got a beautiful sunrise with a clear double mountain view for the start to 2023.
Here are pics looking South and North20230101_093634.jpg20230101_093731.jpg.
Pretty awesome start!

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
You have yourself a beautiful slice of heaven G247! Southern Or is a great place to be, congrats on your success and the reward for your efforts. Your grandkids will love spending time there.

Reactions: gonhunting247

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks everyone, I should get the field in this year. We will be able to see it off of the west side of the house. Hopefully the deer, elk, bear and turkeys will make it a new hang out :)
Hard to see the field area in these pics, but looking west is pretty cool too!
20230101_093942.jpg20230101_093929.jpg

Reactions: buckbull

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I have a few years yet before I'm done, but we are where we want to be and are already having fun. The Grand kids have room to roam and I've already started wildlife habitat projects. Good Times!

Reactions: ScottR

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Most of my mounts will go in the shop or at work, but we decided to try a couple in the new house. Here is the first one I brought home from work; I'm not sure if it will stay there, but I sure like seeing it :)!

View attachment 42625
Very cool. My wife has started incorporating my euros into her planning, its a lot of fun to see them everyday in the home.

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Very cool. My wife has started incorporating my euros into her planning, its a lot of fun to see them everyday in the home.
That's great, I will put a few more for sure. Euro mounts stashed around the house always look great to me too!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
It would be difficult to put that buck in the shop. We are looking at a new place and one of the main factors is where will the big horn go. It won’t be in the shop!
Yes for sure, get that sheep in the new house :) We planned the shop with a special room (16 foot ceilings) for all my mounts, antlers, euros and all my antique tools, bottles, signs etc. My 64 suburban and hopefully another 66 GMC pickup will be in the project part of the shop with the big bay for working on my backhoe, excavator, tractors etc. ( :) all my equipment is well used)
I guarantee I will take longer than you do with the jeep :)

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Yes for sure, get that sheep in the new house :) We planned the shop with a special room (16 foot ceilings) for all my mounts, antlers, euros and all my antique tools, bottles, signs etc. My 64 suburban and hopefully another 66 GMC pickup will be in the project part of the shop with the big bay for working on my backhoe, excavator, tractors etc. ( :) all my equipment is well used)
I guarantee I will take longer than you do with the jeep :)
my next place will have space in a shop for mounts. They take up so much space and it only takes a few in the average Joe’s house to get the wall covered.