The Thing People Don't Like To Talk About

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well perhaps not everyone but there are a lot of them.

When you are out camping in a tent or just off of the side of the road and out of your truck how do you handle your disposal of body fluids?

Give me a break, I'm trying to be nice here........

Around 12 years ago we decided to find a chair and do some work to it. We picked up a totally plastic outdoor chair and cut a hole into it. We then bolted a plastic seat to it. This makes things quite comfortable when out in the woods. You don't have to find just the right downed tree or worry about falling over, not to mention getting some smelly stuff onto the back of your pants. I even found a old Cabela's shower tent that we can use as a enclosure for a little bit more privacy if needed. But we mostly just find some high sagebrush or a bushy tree and dig a hole and place the chair over it. You can then start filling the hole back in as needed to keep flies and odors down to a minimum.

We have even placed it just out in the open but you do have to be a little bit discrete when doing so.

D_Dubya

Aug 8, 2012
South Texas
A proper pooping chair is what takes your camp to the next level and separates us from our caveman ancestors. Twenty years ago I cut a hole in a regular folding chair and somehow it has held up despite having gone through dozens of regular camp chairs.

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Buddy of mine has a" Luggable Loo".
5gal bucket with a toilet seat that conforms to the top of the bucket.
Do your thing,Take seat off and rinse with water.Pour it in a pre-dug hole
add a layer of dirt and your off to the races... 💥

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
back in the days of old
when knights were bold
and toilets were not invented

you dropped your load
beside the road
and walked away contented.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
The guys I antelope hunted with did the same thing with the plastic chair and shower tent. Makes me chuckle thinking about it because they strap the chair to the rear end of a suburban for the drive from missouri.

Bullcan

Oct 6, 2016
I did that, cut a hole in a chair. It worked for awhile until it didn't. I was using it and one of the straps broke and I went down right into my mess. My sons thought it was hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: Bonecollector