The Tax Day Giveaway!

MT628

Nov 5, 2013
MT
"1. List the piece of gear that excites you the most in this giveaway and what you would use it for."

- The Bowtech Experience bow has me all twitterpated. My old bow grew legs and left me for someone else (the joke's on them though since it was on its last legs anyway). I'd enthusiastically use the Experience bow for everything from turkeys and deer in the Bitterroot Valley, to bighorn sheep, muleys, and elk in the Missouri River Breaks. :D

Last edited:

scandalousbob

Aug 2, 2012
Definitely most excited about the Bowtech Experience. I hunt mainly with a rifle, but have two brothers and a lot of friends who have been trying for years to get me to try archery. I've been on a lot of archery hunts, but only as the cameraman. This bow would be just what I need to get in the game.

MT628

Nov 5, 2013
MT
"2. Enter a second time with a picture in a separate post from a previous hunt where you would have liked to have had one of your favorites from the list above."

- Yeah, definitely the Badlands Sleep System. I could've used quality camping gear on many occasions. Wind causing tent collapse makes for tough sleeping.

crappy tents.jpg

scandalousbob

Aug 2, 2012
I really could've used the Bowtech Experience on this elk hunt in Wyoming's Cloud Peak Wilderness. Notice I'm the only one without a bow. Still one of the funnest hunts I've ever been on, but would've been even better if I was packing a bow instead of a video camera.

Attachments

nwwa huner

Jun 29, 2011
The weatherby. After my scope mounts failed me on a coues hunt I used this exact gun my buddy had. 440 yard shot. I would like to win my own.

JWJR23

The Bowtech system would be amazing. I was born and raised hunting with rifles but my wife was raised the opposite. I have a great time guiding my wife because she has a bow, but it would be even more fun to both spend that time hunting. The late season blacktail hunting in Oregon is with special permit muzzleloader or archery but archery hunting opens up different hunts and seasons to pursue where we rifle elk hunt.

Eastmans thanks for the magazine, first class customer service and this amazing opportunity.

Pilgrim

Nov 5, 2014
Missouri
2012 - 37.jpg

That Mystery Ranch would've been nice instead of that old Go Lite I was relegated to using! Had some experience with Mystery Ranch packs in my recent-ish military days.

Clay

Jun 5, 2013
Colorado
Now that I have looked at the list of available items I would love to put my shotgun back in the case and go after spring gobblers with the Bowtech Experience bow.2012-05-05_Turkey Hunting Scalva Prop SWA 018 (2).jpg
All my buddies at work get to hunt the archery season in the spring before I can hunt and it's time I joined them!

lostriverproductions

Dec 27, 2011
Goshen IN

I would have love to have the badlands tent/bag set to replace current "walmart" set up. Got real cold last year when a unexpected stormed rolled in and changed weather from 65 to 30 and dumped 6" of stow overnight.

rswedeen

Dec 19, 2014
SD
Weatherby Vangaurd Synthetic Rifle Chambered in .257 Weatherby excites me the most - I would use it on my high country CO mule deer hunt.

Dec 14, 2012
Minnesota
Of course the Weatherby Vangaurd Synthetic Rifle Chambered in .257 Weatherby would get any hunter fired up and it sure gets me fired up!

Thanks for having such a great giveaway!

Dec 14, 2012
Minnesota
A good frame pack would have come in handy on this hunt! Got lucky on one of my hunts even before being fully prepared for such a task. Lucky it wasn't a long pack out using homemade frame packs!
Colorado elk 2011 8 (noblood).jpg

Drduck

Oct 7, 2014
Come on BABY!!!! Daddy needs new Shoes / Kenetrek Boots. If not hunting “BIG” game I’ll be helping in 2015.

Drduck

Oct 7, 2014
If I only had some remarkable Kenetrek boots it would have made this hill easier.
IMG_1303.jpg

Last edited: