The Memes Thread!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I lived this scenario a few years ago.... lol
I have walked many a friend into the ground.
never lost one yet but did have one refuse to go any farther . actually thought that one was gonna croak. he actually laid down with his head on the ground and wouldn't get up for more then an hour. thank god it was all downhill back to the truck.in the end he was fine , just a wimp. :Dnow at 53 ,it is a lot tougher but I can generally still keep up with or outdo the youngsters who are half my age.
last fall I took a fall and was lame all fall but back to 99% now

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonecollector

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I lived this scenario a few years ago.... lol
Back in my younger days I took a friend hunting. As the sun was coming up I pointed to the top of a hill around 5 miles away and told him that was were we were headed. He just laughed.

A few hours later we were sitting on the backside of that hill with a number of elk right below us. He asked me if I was planning on shooting one of them and how I planned on getting it back to the truck. I said yes I was and headed down the hill to get within range, he reluctantly followed. I shot a bull out of that herd and proceeded to get him ready for the pack out.

On the way out with just a front shoulder my friend thought that he was going to die. He was huffing and puffing and wanted to lay that shoulder down and head to the truck. I got him to the truck and told him that we were going back for the rest of the elk the next morning. When I went to pick him up his wife came out and said that he was sick and couldn't leave the house.

That was the last time that he asked if he could go hunting with me.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I am a flat lander. Went on a hunt with some friends a few years back and we packed out five elk in 10 days. Some within a few miles of the truck. Some much further. I don’t remember any of the pack outs being down hill. I was 60 at the time. I struggled but my pride made me keep up. I thought I was in pretty good shape at the time. I was in better shape after the hunt. I had a full hip replacement the following Fall. I so want to go back!!!