The July/August Fat Off

DU4LIFE25

Sep 24, 2015
Wisconsin
July 1st weigh in....#231.6. I'm shooting for a #20 drop at minimum by November 1st. Ideally #30 would be better but I've gotta start small or I'll get frustrated.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Weighed in, with clothes, shoes, phone and having downed 20 oz. of water at 242. At 6'4" I feel like sitting right at 228 with the same conditions is good for me.

Reactions: marcusvdk

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Thanks for the offer. I will have to sit out. At 54 the only way I can drop pounds is to cut out all carbs. When I do that I am to week to get my exercise in. I am at 3 miles a day at 4.5 MPH average. I use my OnX to track.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Thanks for the offer. I will have to sit out. At 54 the only way I can drop pounds is to cut out all carbs. When I do that I am to week to get my exercise in. I am at 3 miles a day at 4.5 MPH average. I use my OnX to track.
I used the protein diet (low carbs) for years to get some weight off. But for 30 years I was extremely active in addition to exercising 3+ hours per day. Try the so called 5/2 diet. Eat normally for 5, then keep it below 600 cal. for 2. Depending on how much you need to lose, it's not something you have to do all the time. I will typically lose 6# in those two days, and keep about half of that off long term.

Reactions: THelms

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I used the protein diet (low carbs) for years to get some weight off. But for 30 years I was extremely active in addition to exercising 3+ hours per day. Try the so called 5/2 diet. Eat normally for 5, then keep it below 600 cal. for 2. Depending on how much you need to lose, it's not something you have to do all the time. I will typically lose 6# in those two days, and keep about half of that off long term.
How often can you do this and get those kind of results.
I stuck to a no/low carb diet for 3 years once until the family said enough.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
199 lbs on the 1st. I’m looking for 190. I’m stout built and 190 is hard but I’ve done it a couple of times. As I get older it gets harder and my wife gets frustrated trying to feed me a low carb diet. I binge every other Saturday. Vacation next week so it will be double hard!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
How often can you do this and get those kind of results.
I stuck to a no/low carb diet for 3 years once until the family said enough.
The 5/2 diet is sustainable for me as I only use it to lose weight after creeping up a few pounds. I would do the protein diet for months in order to lose what I can in a week or two with the 5/2. The important part is to never binge, and to seriously make an attempt to eat healthy all the time. You can enjoy the foods you love, so you don't feel like you are sacrificing all the time. Write down everything you eat on the 2 day "fast", as the calories can get away from you easily. Once you reach your target weight, only go back to the 5/2 to lose a few pounds so that you don't get too heavy.

THelms

Administrator
Staff member
256 this morning... probably just water weight, I got in a good lick in the mountains yesterday and didn't drink enough water... one of those days where drinking water meant having to choke it down. Ate reasonably well this weekend and didn't go crazy on the cocktails... all in all I'm feeling pretty good.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
Weight in this morning
Challenge weigh in 241.00
Today's weight 240.00 down a pound. That's the lowest lose I've had in 2 months had been on a long streak of 3-4lbs a week. Probably was fo for a week long plateau

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
I did the Whole Thirty diet with my wife a few months ago and dropped pounds like crazy. But I don't necessarily recommend it. I also had no energy - I could barely get through a workout. And I won't tell you what was coming out the other end. Too many nuts in your diet isn't much better than too many beers :)

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I did the Whole Thirty diet with my wife a few months ago and dropped pounds like crazy. But I don't necessarily recommend it. I also had no energy - I could barely get through a workout. And I won't tell you what was coming out the other end. Too many nuts in your diet isn't much better than too many beers :)
I have heard the biggest trick on those types of diets is to get pas the 30 days and your body getting used to drawing the energy from other forms of carbohydrates. Would love to hear BoneCollector's thoughts on this one.