The 2019 Elk Success Thread

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Ok, I'm 66 years old and this is my 4th year. 1st year was a big 0 with a few encounters but had no clue what to do. 2nd year arrowed a young 5 point and lost him. Found him a week later by the birds with a bear on him eating. Nicked one last year but watched him walk away unharmed. Did shoot a cow with a rifle in the bonus season last year. This year I called in and shot a spike last Friday Sept 6th. took all night but I packed him out solo (3 trips). Next year I am going to hold out a little longer for a bigger bull.View attachment 28122
Congratulations! Any elk is a trophy!

Reactions: Zim

sdhunters

Dec 22, 2018
Eastern South Dakota
Ok, I'm 66 years old and this is my 4th year. 1st year was a big 0 with a few encounters but had no clue what to do. 2nd year arrowed a young 5 point and lost him. Found him a week later by the birds with a bear on him eating. Nicked one last year but watched him walk away unharmed. Did shoot a cow with a rifle in the bonus season last year. This year I called in and shot a spike last Friday Sept 6th. took all night but I packed him out solo (3 trips). Next year I am going to hold out a little longer for a bigger bull.View attachment 28122
59 and first year DIY. Few encounters and hoping for more this coming week. Congrats on your success. Hope to be still chasing these animals like you are for the next 15 years.

Reactions: Mnbogboy

OregonDonorJS

Sep 19, 2019
Was fortunate this year to be given a special tag that allowed me to go on a once in a lifetime hunt with the father of a friend who was killed in Iraq during our deployment in 2006. The hunt was a Memorial Hunt for Cpl. “Dougie” Bridges. It was unbelievable and will be a memory I won’t soon forget. Thank you to DivideCamp.org for making this happen!

Attachments

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Was fortunate this year to be given a special tag that allowed me to go on a once in a lifetime hunt with the father of a friend who was killed in Iraq during our deployment in 2006. The hunt was a Memorial Hunt for Cpl. “Dougie” Bridges. It was unbelievable and will be a memory I won’t soon forget. Thank you to DivideCamp.org for making this happen!
Beautiful animal, congrats!

One you’ll remember forever.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Congrats! That looks like a very good trip!