The 2018 Antelope Picture Thread!

NyRick

Aug 29, 2017
New York
It’s kind of funny how a hunt plays in your mind, thinking about big horns and the perfect stalk, but you never know what cards you’ll be dealt.

7mag

Sep 1, 2014
Wyoming
IMG_1010.jpg I took some kids out antelope hunting last weekend. For 2 of them it was their first hunt and it turned out great. I used a 270 that was my grandpa's rifle with a 4 power weaver on it. Definately my favorite hunt of the year!

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Good on you NyRick for taking the wounded animal.Right thing to do when others may have passed.(no one on EHJ of course):cool:

Last edited:

Mnbogboy

Aug 19, 2018
Hibbing, MN
It’s kind of funny how a hunt plays in your mind, thinking about big horns and the perfect stalk, but you never know what cards you’ll be dealt.
NyRick,
Kind of know how your hunt went. Last year we had a wonderful hunt for deer with my grandsons in the Big Horn basin. Was overjoyed to see my grandsons each bag a nice muley buck. I ended up filling my tag when I spotted a limping forkie. Upon further observation I could see it had a broken hind leg with bone protruding. I didn't think twice about relieving its misery. We tagged out and had a wonderful hunt in spite of the lame deer. This is the second time this has happened to me in WY. 3 or 4 years ago just outside of Worland I shot a big 3x3 in his bed. Again broken hind leg, this time with maggots in the wound. Saved all but that hind quarter for sausage meat.
Sometimes you wonder who did the shooting!
My adversity this year was hitting a buck with my truck on I90 about 3 miles or so from my turn off to where I camp. I made emergency repairs and drove home 860 miles. Didn't get to hunt.
Glad you guys had a good time, it gets in your blood.
Randy

NyRick

Aug 29, 2017
New York
Thanks Mnbogboy, glad your family had a successful hunt. Sometimes watching someone else tag out , especially youth, is ( I don?t want to say better than me tagging out) but it?s pretty close. The little buck I shot, someone hit him low in the front shoulder and the bullet never entered th chest cavity. His front leg bone was pulverized. Yes, makes you wonder.

JEandAsGuide

Dec 11, 2012
Zachary, LA

With some weather rolling in tomorrow I wasn?t sure how bad the roads would be afterwards so we made it happen today. Spent 4 days looking at antelope so we got plenty hunting in already. This was my wife?s first antelope and first hunt in WY. She had a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker

Very Active Member
Aug 2, 2012
Tennessee

We waited until the 2nd week of season to go, virtually no animals in sight of the road. Finally found a small herd a couple miles in, it was fun packing antelope out.

Last edited:

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO

Opening day buck from last weekend! Nice to have meat in the freezer! Ended up going 5-5 as a group! Great first hunt of the season!
Congrats to everyone else on this thread with their success!