Tent and Sleeping Bag

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
There are three of us going to do a November hunt off our backs, we’ve done this stuff before just not this late in the year. What is everyone using for a lightweight tent and sleeping bag in the 0 degree range?

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Like Duck said.
Hot tent.
I'm saving up for a Seek outside hot tent combo. Probably go the Redcliff route.

I went the lightweight Kifaru route for the bag. Really wish I would have purchased it a few years ago after having it now. Love the middle zipper.

Reactions: idcwby

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Oh and do yourself a favor, get you one of these....I freaking LOVE mine. Nothing makes me more miserable than sleeping on the ground.
You'll thank me later.

Helinox Lite Cot | REI Co-op

It takes 30 seconds to set up and its super light. I'll never sleep on a root again.

Reactions: idcwby and Slugz

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I should have mentioned that I also put a thermarest sleeping pad on that cot and I sleep like a baby....

That combination was a gamechanger for me. More weight? Yes, but I didn't wake up every morning wanting to fight someone. lol

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
My late season bag is a North Face down 0 degree bag. A 0 bag stuffed with quality down (750+ down or better) will be compact, lightweight, and expensive. a vital part of cold season camping/hunting is my Thermarest NeoAir mattress. The pad does great job of insulating and has not leaked in over 200 night of use. My KUIU 2P tent is my go-to when I want a lightweight shelter, and is very comfortable for one, but tight for 2, especially on a late season outing.
My hot tent was an 8 man teepee, and with a stove weighs around 13 lb. That's not too bad when you split it up 3 ways. When I used it last we had packed in on horses, and have sold it to a forum member who has used it for several trips. 3 or at the max 4 is all I would want to cram into the 8 man Kifaru 8 man if you are using the stove.
I wish I still had that tent for a mid-October trip last fall when 3 of us each brought our own 2 man tent.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Thanks. Gives me some ideas on what is going to work for us and see how my buddies want to do it.

LeeSikvel

Sep 7, 2022
For a lightweight tent and sleeping bag that can handle temperatures down to 0 degrees, check out the selection on .They have a variety of options to choose from, including both tents and sleeping bags designed specifically for cold-weather camping. Additionally, it's important to properly maintain and care for your sleeping bag, such as washing it in a washing machine with the appropriate detergent, to ensure it stays in good condition and performs well in the field.

Last edited by a moderator: