taking away the use of hounds

BenHuntin

Mar 20, 2012
Rohnert Park, CA
Hey California, here are a few articles on the new Bill that is trying to get passed that is going to take away the use of hounds for Bear and Bobcat hunting. Just another attempt by the HSUS to take away our hunting rights, one thing at a time. The link at the bottom is a petition that everyone should sign.

http://sd28.senate.ca.gov/news/2012-03-22-sented-w-lieu-introduces-bill-end-unsporting-and-inhumane-practice-using-packs-dogs-

http://hsus.typepad.com/wayne/2012/03/california-hound-hunting.html

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-ca-state-senate-opposition-to-sb-1221?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=autopublish

Last edited:

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
These ppl F'n piss me off!! That whole bill is a LIE! Makes me mad when they feed lies to the public to turn them against hunting. I dont live in cali now but I used to. Signed it and posted in facebook.

BKC

Very Active Member
Feb 15, 2012
The high plains of Colorado
These ppl F'n piss me off!! That whole bill is a LIE! Makes me mad when they feed lies to the public to turn them against hunting. I dont live in cali now but I used to. Signed it and posted in facebook.
When spring bear hunting and hunting bears with dogs went to the voters of colorado years ago, the anti's with all of their money and bleeding heart commercials pretty much kicked our a$$ at the polls. Once it goes to the polls and you let someone who has never touched a firearm or ventured into the hills, more than a mile off the roadway, decide our fate, it is all over!

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
Yea the word is.... this bill was introduced to get back at hunters and the Fish and Game President; Richards, because he was not fired after his Mt Lion hunt/incident.

Last edited:

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
You need to contact your State Assembly person and let them know your opposition. You all have 2 people who represent you in Sac. Now that the Senate hasw passed it, get to your Assembly person ASAP. Signing petitions does absolutely no good at this point.

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
E-mailed assemblymen Dan Logue and let him know where i stand on this issue and asked him to help stop this insanity. Don't know if it will do any good but just can't set around with my hands in my pockets.

bigshot

Very Active Member
Apr 14, 2011
Crestline, CA.
OK, I spoke with more friends regarding this issue and looks like California Houndsmen/hunters still have a chance to help shoot this down. The bill has to go through several more hoops (Signatures) before it's actually presented to the Governor to sign for a new law.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
I signed a petition about a month ago for this bill. I also sent an email to our State Assemblyman and he or his office replyed with a mailed letter saying that he would take everyones voice into concideration but he is forced to make tough decisions that may not make everyone happy, so the more letters/emails that flood his office the better.

BossBrott

Mar 4, 2012
Colfax,CA
Ive battled them bastages everywhere they roam.

Weve won a couple battles, but lost the majority. As a hunt mentor to my kids, Ive taken it a few steps farther. I mentor kids in shooting as Im a trapshooting coach, and have helped upwards of 20 kids last year get their hunting license. My goal is to get every single youth available a hunting license, therefore creating an obstacle for these antis to battle with for future generations. Even in CA, there is a healthy population of hunters, and it all depends on future generations to carry on the tradition.