Tag question

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I am wondering how the caribou tag system works. I notice some of the units list 2 bull limit. How does the pricing work. I assume you would buy two if you want to kill two bull. Or is two issued with the tag?

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
For non-resident a locking tag is needed for each caribou $650.00 each. If hunting a unit that allows two bulls you would need to purchase two locking tags. For resident hunting license and report sheet is all that is needed. Just in case someone else need to know. It is not that clear in the regulations as to cost. also not many units that allow two caribou for non-resident.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
For non-resident a locking tag is needed for each caribou $650.00 each. If hunting a unit that allows two bulls you would need to purchase two locking tags. For resident hunting license and report sheet is all that is needed. Just in case someone else need to know. It is not that clear in the regulations as to cost. also not many units that allow two caribou for non-resident.
Working through this now as I leave August 30th, I believe you to be correct on all points.

Reactions: Slugz

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
Working through this now as I leave August 30th, I believe you to be correct on all points.
Good luck. Please post your experience. I am looking at 2022 and planning a some what different way, not to save money alone, but for a different experience. Putting together a caribou hunting trip is a ton of research and time. Seems like a lot of walls to run into. I think I am on the right track now after about three months of dead ends.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Good luck. Please post your experience. I am looking at 2022 and planning a some what different way, not to save money alone, but for a different experience. Putting together a caribou hunting trip is a ton of research and time. Seems like a lot of walls to run into. I think I am on the right track now after about three months of dead ends.
We’ll do. Feel free to send pm

Reactions: Slugz