Swaro el range 10x42 vs Leica HD B 10x42

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Hey guys I'm about to pull the trigger on a rangefinding bino and was looking for some input from those who have used both the swaroski EL range and Leica Hd B, in 10x42.

My primary use will be for hunting, secondary use long range target shooting. Being a western hunter I like to practice longer shots so I can reach across canyons if need be.

One of the pros with the Leica, was the different ballistic information SD cards you can change out for different loads or calibers, I thought for long-range shooting The Leica's may be a better choice then the Swaros.

Thanks for the input

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I have the Leicas. To me I could see better through them....barely. But the final decision for me was I didn't like the new strap mounts on the Swarovskis. As small as that sounds I went with the Leicas and live them. One yr so far and no issues.

WRO

Feb 27, 2016
One thing to keep in mind is Swarovski customer service is way better.

I use a kestrel and a sig, but I'm thinking of going to the el ranges.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
Just curious for the guys that have EL Swaros,or thinking of buying them, what made you go that route versus the leicas? From what I've researched the glass is similar quality in the top three but the rangefinder seems to be a lot better in the leicas.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I've had mine since they first came out (my wife bought it for me for Christmas) several years ago. I am very happy with everything about it. I get readings out to 1500 yds and have never had any problems with mine. It does go thru batteries faster than my previous Bushnell RF. I was on a guided elk hunt and used it for 6 straight days (probably 5 to 6 hours daily on the battery and had to replace it once during the week.