Success on California Bighorn in Oregon!

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
My wife did it! She got her California Bighorn ram here in Oregon. We were starting to wonder if it was gonna come together. She got her ram on the afternoon of the 8th day on a 9 day season. It green scores 166 3/8 B&C. It was by far the best ram we saw on the hunt.

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Way to go for her, well and you also! What a beautiful ram and a darn nice photo. If you could find some old barn wood and have that picture blown up to an 8x10, get it matted and put into the frame, boy that would look sharp. Christmas present!!??

How was the pack out? That is some big......steep country.
David

Umpqua Hunter

Veteran member
May 26, 2011
North Umpqua, Oregon
BKC...thanks!

David....It WAS huge country country. I've been on several sheep hunts and honestly I got vertigo on a couple occasions. There was one spot a smaller ram was hanging out and I thought he might be our last day back-up, problem was I had no idea how I'd get to him. The first pack was with the horns and cape and was in the dark and took about 4 hours. The second trip for the meat the following morning took me about 4 hours round trip.

DR...thanks buddy!

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Umpqua............That is one sweet ram, congrats to your wife. She must be proud of her ram and i'm sure that your proud of her. Good job and awesome pic.

hardstalk

Veteran member
Sep 13, 2011
vegas
The chip missing would have me looking him slight left on the mount! Sheep are awesome. Warriors of the cliffs i call em. Congrats! Quite the accomplishment.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Real awesome man! Looks like some great country and wow what a sweet ram! Congrats to you and the wife.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Fantastic ram Umpqua! I've been wonerding how the hunt went. Congrats to your wife, I'm glad the hunt went well for you both. Holding out for a good ram is hard to do, great job finding "THE ONE"