Stuck in Wisconsin

Brianh

Jan 1, 2013
Rhinelander, WI
Hi, I don't recall if I ever introduced myself when I joined this forum a couple years ago. I am a DIY hunter that craves the mountains of the west. I've backpacked into the Wind Rivers, Bighorns, Salt, Greys, The Bob, and several other ranges to fly fish and elk hunt over the years. We mostly go to Wyoming to bowhunt elk and have begun to have some favorite places. In 2015 I'm 56 and plan to keep on DIYing as long as I hold up. I cross country ski and do marathon mountain bike events in the summer to stay in shape. I'm currently buying points for a Bighorn tag in Wyoming and hope to go when I'm 65. I'm single still looking for "the one". This forum is an excellent place and I hope to somehow be able to contribute.

Brianh

Jan 1, 2013
Rhinelander, WI
Sure thing. I've been lucky my last 3 elk hunts in Wyoming. And this is the toad my partner shot last fall. IMG_0213.jpgWYOMING 011 - Copy.jpgIMG_0966.jpgP9130024.jpg

Two of these were at 8 and 12 yards. The other was a more comfortable 25, LOL

Brianh

Jan 1, 2013
Rhinelander, WI
We backpack in about 3 miles and hunt from there. Two of these were 4 & 6 miles from the road. But I'm too old to pack anymore. We hike out and get an outfitter with horses. It would kill us to pack them out, and it would also take us 2-3 days out of our hunting.