Still more non rez actions

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I guess it’s not cool to do this but maybe it’s good for the residents to have first pick of the sheds. I would assume they would sell to non res. Not sure.
Is the purpose to keep the money in Wy allowing res to pick first? Interesting

Reactions: HuskyMusky

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I guess im of the thought that you can set a season to protect the animals but once the hit the ground its the landowner that gets to decide the rules on who, kinda like mushrooms or pinenuts and collecting them on federal land is everyone should be equal. The whole start date is bs anyways as the pro shed hunters are all out now gps sheds and or hiding them to wait on opening day.

Reactions: Ikeepitcold

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I personally believe that the tag prices are going to have to really go through the roof before their price starts to stop hunters from applying to hunt in other states.

I look at what the price increase has been in Arizona for my javelina tag from what it was when I first started hunting them. Then I look at the reward, less than just a few pounds of meat off of one. So the reward isn't bringing one home to feed the family. I do however get to apply for other animals in the Arizona draw or purchase points in the hopes of drawing in the future.

But still when I look at what it cost to drive the 800 miles one way and hunt one of those little buggers I put the cost of the tag right out of my mind.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
Like JimP, said the cost of the tag for a lot of non-residents is secondary to all of the other costs associated with trip. Inability to draw and frustration with lack of opportunity is the only thing that I think might slow down applicants, but I doubt anything will reduce the applicants enough to ever bring the tag prices down.