Spring Turkey

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
So I want to take my son turkey hunting this spring. I had planned to go EO out past Paulina and those plans have since changed. Living in Oregon city what areas would you focus on that is with in 1-2hr driving roughly. My son is part of the Mentored Youth program so I will be carrying the tag. I was thinking about heading over towards White River or up above Molalla.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Travis

Tracker

Oct 22, 2012
Oregon
You might want to look into the Roseburg area, there is a lot of birds down there. Way more than above Molalla, and White River area.
Try the N. Bank rd. just north of Roseburg to the VT Jackson County Wayside.
Good Luck!

Iron Mike

Oct 23, 2014
Tumalo, Oregon
Travis
Roseburg area has lots of birds but any of the public land there (not much at all) is crawling with hunters. If you cant do the Ochoco's the White River area holds plenty of birds. Anywhere west of Friend on the National Forest has plenty. You will run into some hunters but you will also have plenty of room. Have fun! I cant wait till season.

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
Roseburg is great....... 1. If you have access to private property 2. If you can find public land that isn't flooded with other hunters, like Mike said. Tons of birds. I live just north of Roseburg, and they're like pests. Went to my daughters softball practice the other night and the coaches were literally shoo-ing them of the field.