Spring Bear Hunt

youngbuck2

Nov 4, 2016
Minnesota
My wife has shown interest in venturing out from our typical whitetail hunting here in MN, specifically showing interest in Bear hunting! So im kicking around the idea of putting together a spring bear hunt in Montana. My initial thought is somewhere outside of grizz country. I dont have any specific questions yet, just looking for general feedback on Montana spring bear hunts. Any input is appreciated. TIA

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Can't help you much but if you are in bear territory in Montana you are in Grizzly country.

Are you set on Montana. I know a good outfitter up in British Colombia just a short ways across the border

Swedishhunter

Jun 24, 2016
Only tried it once, years ago, and unsuccessfully. It is a great experience in trophy country but rather low probability unless you are really dialled in. I think the best bet is to glass the alpine meadows and chutes or check logging roads. I am sure there are people on here with specific knowledge who can help. I have been thinking of that hunt myself with my sons but I would probably go once first with an outfitter to learn the ropes.

Reactions: youngbuck2