Something more to ponder during application periods

Big Chief J

Feb 25, 2016
Texas
I wonder if there is a way we could get Wyoming to allow us NR applicants to change our applications from regular to special, or vice versa, during the modify period?

I know it can't happen next year, but maybe in the future.

Micah S

Jan 11, 2016
Sandy Oregon
This makes life more difficult for nonresidents. It was nice to know the draw results early in the year so I could plan other hunts with out worrying about drawing another hunt that happens on the same dates.

I think this change will make it easier to draw a tag in the random but it will probably also add to more point creep in some units.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Everyone working an angle....lol I love it.

What truly amazes me is how many people apply for that random chance only to take a beating on their credit card processing fee on that full tag amount knowing that they have such a small chance to get the tag. Then they turn around and buy point and take a second bath. lol

Last edited:

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Everyone working an angle....lol I love it.

What truly amazes me is how many people apply for that random chance only to take a beating on their credit card processing fee on that full tag amount knowing that they have such a small chance to get the tag. Then they turn around and buy point and take a second bath. lol
$15 app fee for a 3-5% random chance of drawing a tag isnt really all that bad, you can buy a lot of raffle tickets for more money and worse odds..
I had 8 points and paid the special tag price to hunt elk in WY 2 years ago. Worth every single penny. I'll do it again, if they'll have me.

Reactions: LCH