Someone tried to hack my account

gutshotem

Jul 8, 2013
USA
Hey guys,
I'm generally more of a lurker here since my western hunting is limited to one trip to WY but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up and try to find out if this has happened to anyone else.

Yest I received an email from Eastmans saying that someone tried to log into my account and that it was going to be temporarily locked due to the incorrect password attemps. It also gave me the IP address of the person who attempted to gain access. I'm not computer savy,but a buddy said the IP address was from China?

Here's a copy of the email. This ever happen to anyone else here and why the hell would they try to hack this account of all things???? Oh, and thanks for the alert Eastmans.

Dear gutshotem,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Eastmans' Hunting Journals Official Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 221.130.23.7

All the best,
Eastmans' Hunting Journals Official Forums

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
autobots in china like to hack these types of sights for one reason. to get your password. most people use the same password for forums as they do for banks. Most forums do not have the security that banks do. So basically get the password from one site and use it for another site.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Change your passwords regularly on every account. Make sure your bank account logins are different than social media places.

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

coloradoshedhead

Jul 9, 2014
Colorado
Same thing happened to me. Changed my passwords right away. Probably trying to figure out passwords for other bank accounts like previously posted. Keep an eye out.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
The Chinese are black plague of the internet.

IP Address Country Region City ISP
221.130.23.7 China Guangdong Nanjing China Mobile Communications Corporation - Jiangsu

25contender

Veteran member
Mar 20, 2013
Same here traced it back to a Chinese IP.

IP2Location.com Results
IP Address:
City:
jiaoqiao
State/Region:
jiangxi
Country Code:
cn
Postal Code:
ISP:
china mobile communications corporation
Time Zone:
+08:00 UTC/GMT
Latitude:
Longitude:

Last edited:

gutshotem

Jul 8, 2013
USA
Well, at least I'm not the only one.

My passwords needed to be updated anyway so this was a little motivation I guess.