So You're Telling Me There's A Chance?

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
I'm still undecided at this point, I want to apply but I don't know if I can reasonably afford it. Is there enough non-wilderness to have an unguided hunt and have a reasonable chance of success? Man that's a lot of money but I want a grizzly bad. I've been saving for a Dall sheep hunt and I could do it but it will put me years behind on that goal if I were to draw.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
I intend to apply, but I need to research further before deciding which tag to throw in for. I imagine the area 7 tag will have much better draw odds.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Just take into consideration... they will be issuing 75% of grizzly licenses to residents before a non-resident will be allowed a license... and yes there are Grizzlies outside of the wilderness depending on which area you are in, but accessing wilderness would be very helpful in most places

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IowaBuck

Jan 15, 2016
Iowa/Wyoming
Just take into consideration... they will be issuing 75% of grizzly licenses to residents before a non-resident will be allowed a license... and yes there are Grizzlies outside of the wilderness depending on which area you are in, but accessing wilderness would be very helpful in most places

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Good thing I have some great friends in Wyoming that would be more than willing to help me access the wilderness areas!

HighPlainsHunter

Mar 1, 2018
Laramie
This says it all.

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

Whoops, wrong thread.

I am curious to see how this all plays out. I suspect having to front tag fees will made odds much different. Certainly a good chunk of change for a NR, especially if they are not used to hunting in Griz country.

Last edited:

Kodiak

Oct 27, 2014
If you draw in the Cody area let me know... i saw 5 this weekend on a 2 day backpack trip.