Snowy Range bull, any idea on what he would score?

elktracker

Feb 24, 2011
Jackson, WY
I don't know much about field judging moose but I think this bull would score pretty well. I saw him in 09 while elk hunting in the Snowies, does anyone have an idea what he would score? Not the best pic I know. If they scored his waddle he would be B&C for sure lol. If I had to guess I would say about 140 but that could be way off.

elktracker

Feb 24, 2011
Jackson, WY
Wow, I was way off! Man I wish I would have had a moose tag in my pocket that day. He stood there broadside and looked at me for at least 30 seconds at about 15 yards, that would have been awesome to get a B&C moose with my bow. Maybe someday.

Mike

Eastmans' Staff
Feb 21, 2011
I have seen a lot of Wyoming moose. Been on over 8 or 9 kills on bulls. And harvested several my self. When it comes to score the spread is part of the total B&C score. Is it 46",49", 50" or 54" makes a difference. He has excellent back paddles and over 20 points! I can't see the front risers. But he is in the 170 for sure and if I could see his spread he could go in the 180's! But I think he is short in the front risers. Which will hurt the score. But as good as I have seen in 50 years living in moose country. Mike

llp

Mar 15, 2011
Definite shooter, but you really do need a frontal view to get close on moose score. Width, as well as depth of front forks make a huge difference in score.
llp

Sharpstick

Mar 1, 2011
Kamas, Utah
Honestly, that's one of the biggest bulls I've seen. I have 15 points here in Utah but probably won't draw for a couple more years. Thanks for sharing.