Snow in SW Colorado

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Last night as I went to bed, it was just starting to snow. This morning there is about 4" on the ground and it's still snowing. This just the first storm, more to come later in the week. Looks like the San Juans and La Platas are getting hammered. Have to go to Physical Therapy this am, then home and plow my road out to the county road. Bring in some more pellets for the stove and then hunker down with a good book and a little single malt this afternoon in my rocker in front of the fire!!.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I was surprised when I went out this morning, I looked out the window and figured that I had a inch or so, it turned out to be 4-6. My sister called me from Utah where I am headed tomorrow and warned me of the upcoming storms and that I should perhaps head over today but I've been fighting a cold so I'll wait.

That single malt, good book, and fire sounds real inviting.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
We've got about a foot here so far and it's still going. Shoveled the driveway twice already just to get ahead of it.

2019-11-26 12.43.43.jpg

But that's a good thing because the OTHER thing I did today was go get my foot X-rayed. I slipped on some loose gravel on my elk trip in October and hit my heel pretty hard. When it didn't feel better after a month I grudgingly agreed to get it looked at. Doesn't look like much, but I guess there's a hairline fracture in there. Keep safe, folks. Stuff can sneak up on you...

2019-11-26 10.31.30.jpg

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I hunted out of my backyard this year. First 5 sits were normal, next 5 had a propane heater then I pretty much just moved into the house. Haha. Had a cup of coffee and stood staring out the back window for hours. I actually think that was more fun. Naming all the deer with the kids.
No snow here to speak of. Warm front coming in this weekend to melt off what we do have.