Sleeping bag fill???

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Got a question about sleeping bag fill. Wanting to replace my -20 bag with at least a 0 bag. Pretty much there is no scenario that I won't be using the bag on a pad in some kind of a tent. Since I don't think it has much of a chance to get wet is regular down good? Treated pro down better? Or should I just go with synthetic? And does anyone know of a super lightweight bag that I don't need to sell one of my kidneys for? Lol!
I found a bunch around $200 which actually is really a decent price.

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
Here's a light zero bag. Most of the bags your looking for will be in the 3lb range. Get a good sea to summit waterproof compression bag and you should be good. The Kuiu bags are good and they can get wet, but a little pricey. You might want to look at the one I attached.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Here's a light zero bag. Most of the bags your looking for will be in the 3lb range. Get a good sea to summit waterproof compression bag and you should be good. The Kuiu bags are good and they can get wet, but a little pricey. You might want to look at the one I attached.

This is one of the exact bags I've been looking at.

WyoKid85

Dec 13, 2019
NC
I recently got a slumber jack down wind 20 degree bag in dry down. I used it in Alaska for a sheep hunt and slept under a tarp - I was concerned with the rain and drizzle but the bag performed flawlessly. I used a zero degree para xl insulated pad. I was never cold and some nights dipped below freezing. Did not worry about dry down as long as you don't dunk it in water it is really good at repelling water. Slumber Jack is also reasonably priced. No neck collar but you really don't need it.

Reactions: go_deep

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
I recently got a slumber jack down wind 20 degree bag in dry down. I used it in Alaska for a sheep hunt and slept under a tarp - I was concerned with the rain and drizzle but the bag performed flawlessly. I used a zero degree para xl insulated pad. I was never cold and some nights dipped below freezing. Did not worry about dry down as long as you don't dunk it in water it is really good at repelling water. Slumber Jack is also reasonably priced. No neck collar but you really don't need it.
Thanks! That looks like a pretty good bag for the price!