Slams Anyone?

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
Does Kansas open on the 11 th this year?
Archery opens the 9th. Regular season doesnt open until the 18th... Probably the first time ever that Missouri opens before Kansas. I'm gonna miss chasing gobblers in the first week of April, it's the best time!

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
I killed a Goulds here in AZ. last year, the only one I and 3 buddies need is the Osceola. We will go to Fla. next year I think. We all went to OKLA. bouut 8 years ago and got Rio's I got My Eastern in PA. and several Merriams in AZ........BOB!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I would love too but Nv only has one species and you have to draw the tag. I?ve only been on one turkey hunt in Ca, it was pretty fun tho.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
I killed a Goulds here in AZ. last year, the only one I and 3 buddies need is the Osceola. We will go to Fla. next year I think. We all went to OKLA. bouut 8 years ago and got Rio's I got My Eastern in PA. and several Merriams in AZ........BOB!
So huntable amounts of goulds in az now?

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
So, I'm going to northern Florida this year to try to get a big eastern there. Going to hunt a few weeks here in Louisiana, then head to Nebraska to hunt during the end of April/beginning of May. Got apps in for some WMA's in CO and NM, may hunt there on the way back home from that trip. Father in law is trying to contact some long lost kin of his in Missouri also. He wants to go do a family reunion turkey hunt combo trip. Looks like its going to be a busy spring.

Rotated the tires on the ol F150 last week, and going to change the oil in a couple days. Getting the war wagon ready to roll.

P.S. - Heavy shot has a $10 per box rebate going right now. I've already stocked up.

swampokie

Veteran member
Jul 29, 2013
Haworth Oklahoma
So, I'm going to northern Florida this year to try to get a big eastern there. Going to hunt a few weeks here in Louisiana, then head to Nebraska to hunt during the end of April/beginning of May. Got apps in for some WMA's in CO and NM, may hunt there on the way back home from that trip. Father in law is trying to contact some long lost kin of his in Missouri also. He wants to go do a family reunion turkey hunt combo trip. Looks like its going to be a busy spring.

Rotated the tires on the ol F150 last week, and going to change the oil in a couple days. Getting the war wagon ready to roll.

P.S. - Heavy shot has a $10 per box rebate going right now. I've already stocked up.
Valle Vidal?

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Why is Colorado waiting till after lunch to post its turkey draw info? These state workers are interfering with me getting rid of some vacation time.

They are in the office talking amongst themselves right now: If we wait till 5 minutes before quitting time to post this, we won't have to answer any calls till in the morning wanting to know why didn't my app get picked.

Dark Mavis

Mar 6, 2015
Vernon Parish, LA
Well, the weather made hunting difficult for me in the southeast this year. A front came through while we where in Florida, and dumped some rain and shut down the gobbling activity. I did see several birds and got set up on a few, but just couldn't get them to come into shotgun range. Had a good time on a public land hunt, though.

While hunting at home in Louisiana, I never heard a gobble the entire season and never saw a bird. Had trail camera's out for over a month and got pictures of one hen. The places I hunt that usually has birds was just devoid of any kind of turkey activity. Pretty depressing season.

Made up for it in Nebraska though. The wife and I killed four longbeards in a 1/2 day of hunting. It wasn't turkey hunting, just turkey killing, and it was lots of fun after the many hours of sitting in a pine thicket back home hearing/seeing/shooting nothing. They were all big nice mature birds also. We finished hunting so soon, we had plenty of time to check out some sites on the way home. Had a great trip up there.