SKRE Gear?

Aug 5, 2012
West & East ND
Anyone have opinions on the newer company SKRE? Today I ordered the Hardscrabble jacket to test out chasing MT mulies in a few weeks. I'm a little over 6'1 and around 185-190lb. I wanted a more athletic fit so I ordered a Large, which was strange since last year I weighed around 215 so was wearing XL in everything with a tighter fit. I was told SKRE gear runs small but really would rather it be slightly small than too big. Just hope I can still layer somewhat.

Anyone have experience with their gear? Thanks!

Aug 5, 2012
West & East ND
I think they started up in 2016 and wanted to compete at lower price points with first lite, sitka, and kuiu. I've been eyeing their stuff a lot lately with how unavailable Kuiu is and how much a first lite system runs. I guess I'll find out more in a few weeks.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
Not sure about the gear but the co-founder got one heck of a buck this year...

Middle Country

Nov 7, 2017
I have the hard scrabble pants and the merino bottoms. The pants are very similar to Kuiu attacks but the material is more of a shell. Think Kuiu guide pants with out the fleece lining. I really have no issues with it?s performance. Durability is too soon to say but the construction looks just as nice as the top brands. The merino bottoms are cut skinny. Sewn well and stretch great. They have a tall waist band that I find comfortable. Customer service is great.

They are new and don?t have everything but like dirtytough said they are my favorite right now.

kgundy212

Feb 16, 2017
Northwest Wisconsin
I picked up the early season Uinta pant, specifically for early/mid season archery. They definitely appear breathable! Hip vents installed, and side pockets also work as vents when unzipped. Tried them on, good stretch and no tug. Excited to give them the full workout in a few months. Plus lifetime warranty and they replace if any issues - sounds good to me! The only other Skre gear I have is the Nebo rain jacket and pant, both of which are nice pieces of gear. I don't give myself up to one brand or the other, I mix and match, but I have been impressed with what Skre offers. Cheaper and still appear to be high quality gear, plus their Summit pattern is pretty sweet.
No bias from me, just telling how I see it!

CrisGudvin

Jun 11, 2018
I picked up the early season Uinta pant, specifically for early/mid season archery. They definitely appear breathable! Hip vents installed, and side pockets also work as vents when unzipped. Tried them on, good stretch and no tug. Excited to give them the full workout in a few months. Plus lifetime warranty and they replace if any issues - sounds good to me! The only other Skre gear I have is the Nebo rain jacket and pant, both of which are nice pieces of gear. I don't give myself up to one brand or the other, I mix and match, but I have been impressed with what Skre offers. Cheaper and still appear to be high quality gear, plus their Summit pattern is pretty sweet.
No bias from me, just telling how I see it!
Skre are really good both in quality and price, I mostly use only their!