Sitka light weight hoodie versus apex hoodie

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
So I'm in the start to middle of my weight loss journey. I know come this fall my stuff will no longer fit and I'm trying to get a list of things together of what I like for replacements when I get down to my new weight.

I went into the sportsmen's warehouse here in town and looked at the sitka gear and was able to compare the grinder hoodie to the fanatic and which one I liked better but when I was looking for the apex hoodie they only had the light weight hoodie.

So kinda looking for input on what the differences are between the apex and light weight. And anyone's experiences with either.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I'm unfamiliar with any of these, sorry. I primarily use First Lite brand and off-brand in non-essential clothing.

marcusvdk

Veteran member
Dec 13, 2011
Michigan
I'm unfamiliar with any of these, sorry. I primarily use First Lite brand and off-brand in non-essential clothing.
No problem I'm not limiting my self to just sitka but seemed to like the feel of there stuff when I was in store looking at it. Found a group on Facebook that's a sitka garage sale basically guys selling of lightly used sitka gear. Also found a group for kuiu and first lite.

Reactions: Bonecollector

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Apex hoody was a favorite of mine the last two years. Great early to mid season option and on top of a base layer it’s good for late season layering.

Reactions: marcusvdk

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
one great thing about losing weight vs gaining... loose cloths are comfortable ,tight ones are not.

SKRE has some decent sales going on in there outlet clothing.

you might like their kaibob hoodie. think it runs about 150 when not on sale. or the mad trapper for 49

Last edited:
Reactions: marcusvdk