Sitka cold weather gear

gman1

Nov 29, 2011
North Dakota
Looking for some help on what jacket and pants (bib) I should get for a late winter hunt. Looking at Sitka and have time now to save up for the purchase. News Flash: It gets cold in ND so I am looking for a warm jacket and pants.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have too many options to pick from and I get easily confused:)
Thanks for all your help
Gman

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Lotta good options out there. Sitka, first light, and even browning have some really good offerings. Keep in mind there are other avenues outside of simply hunting outlets. Think of rock climbers mountaineers tree hugging campers etc. they all use quality gear it’s just typically in a solid color.

Reactions: gman1

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
tbh I think we all get oversold on the hype in camo patterns. My best hunting jacket is solid green, no camo at all, and I bump up on deer and elk all the time. Take a shower, brush your teeth, and skip the cologne, and you can wear whatever you feel good in.

Reactions: AKaviator and JimP

Fatrascal

Apr 5, 2013
Spring Creek, Nevada
I love my Sitka clothing but do not like the Coldfront gear. I have the $600 coat and am cold when I wear it. It is meant to be worn as a layering system which I layered. I took the coat off and put on a $30 50/50 cotton/polyester hoody and got warm. It's a good rain coat and wind block but in my opinion it is not warm. Fatrascal

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
I run the Sitka fanatic bibs and jacket. I absolutely love them. Just remember if you use a scent crusher bag do not put the bibs in there with the elastic suspenders. It will eat them up very quick