Sig Sauer Kilo 2000

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Cabelas just had these on sale for black Friday. I had purchased a vortex ranger 1300, but the display on it wasn't all that bright for daytime use and I struggled to range trees at much of a distance so I went and returned it. I am going to test out this sig kilo 2000 this weekend, but so far it seems to be a little superior to the vortex ranger 1300. Ill report back when I get it fully tested.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I look forward to your review. I grabbed one too. Super bummed I missed that the angled range indicator does not calculate for you. I some how missed that. It gives you the Andre and the distance then you have to do the math.
Hopefully I missed a setting. If not, back to Cabelas it goes.

Reactions: bowman340

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
I look forward to your review. I grabbed one too. Super bummed I missed that the angled range indicator does not calculate for you. I some how missed that. It gives you the Andre and the distance then you have to do the math.
Hopefully I missed a setting. If not, back to Cabelas it goes.
I didn't know that either...ill have to check that out.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
It looks like it has AMR. I thought it did or I wouldn't have bought it either. you just have to change the mode

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
The sig is way better then the Vortex.

I have the 2400 and I am very impressed with it. I’ve had no problems with reading the display during full sun.

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
The 2000 I have had for several years has the angle compensation, or I wouldn't have bought it.
It does struggle to pick up ANY animal past 550 yard, including cows. If I try hard and conditions are right, I can get a deer at 640.
Just bought a Leica 2400... hopefully it will be a bit closer to advertised.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A trick to use with any rangefinder if you are having problems locking onto the animal at extended ranges is to use a rock near the animal. It will reflect the laser easier than a animals hide will.

Micah S

Jan 11, 2016
Sandy Oregon
The 2000 I have had for several years has the angle compensation, or I wouldn't have bought it.
It does struggle to pick up ANY animal past 550 yard, including cows. If I try hard and conditions are right, I can get a deer at 640.
Just bought a Leica 2400... hopefully it will be a bit closer to advertised.
You shouldn't have problems at 550 yards. Make sure that the range finder is warm when you try to range long distances. All the range finders I've used loose longer ranging ability when they get cold. I keep mine in my front pocket during hunts that have cold weather.

manitou1

Mar 21, 2017
United States
It is the same in July... so temps aren't the problem. I have used it on many hunts... should have sent it back when it was new.
I have the luxery of living out in the country and can step out and range (see) trees, hillsides, cows for about 1400 yards from either of my porches.

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
It looks like it has AMR. I thought it did or I wouldn't have bought it either. you just have to change the mode
Did you find the setting? Mine is not either calculating or something. I’m getting the angle and I’m getting the distance but it is not calculating the modified distance. I only knew this because I was testing it side by side with my old range finder, which doesn’t have the AMR. I measured line of sight with both rangefinders same distance. Then I measured a 34 degree angle. The rangefinders gave the same distances. When I read up on it, and watched reviews, they all said “measures the angle for YOUR ballistics app/calculations”. But then on the contrary there are not any reviews/complaints about this, which’s surprises me. Maybe no one has verified the AMR? Maybe mine is defective?
I hope I’m missing something.

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Did you find the setting? Mine is not either calculating or something. I’m getting the angle and I’m getting the distance but it is not calculating the modified distance. I only knew this because I was testing it side by side with my old range finder, which doesn’t have the AMR. I measured line of sight with both rangefinders same distance. Then I measured a 34 degree angle. The rangefinders gave the same distances. When I read up on it, and watched reviews, they all said “measures the angle for YOUR ballistics app/calculations”. But then on the contrary there are not any reviews/complaints about this, which’s surprises me. Maybe no one has verified the AMR? Maybe mine is defective?
I hope I’m missing something.
If you look in the owners manual under modes, it says something about the two settings LOS and AMR. Mine was set at AMR from the get go so I didn't have to change it. try reading that section and see if that tells you how to adjust it. Keep me posted.

As a side note, I tested it this weekend and I was getting ranges out to 675 yards but it may go further I just didn't have a target that far away.

Reactions: Bonecollector

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
If you look in the owners manual under modes, it says something about the two settings LOS and AMR. Mine was set at AMR from the get go so I didn't have to change it. try reading that section and see if that tells you how to adjust it. Keep me posted.

As a side note, I tested it this weekend and I was getting ranges out to 675 yards but it may go further I just didn't have a target that far away.
Soooo yeah..... The only thing defective with my rangefinder was the operator. Sorry I feel like a dingdong but I got it figured out.

It is working properly, operator error 🙄🙄🙄

bowrunner

Oct 13, 2015
Illinois
Soooo yeah..... The only thing defective with my rangefinder was the operator. Sorry I feel like a dingdong but I got it figured out.

It is working properly, operator error 🙄🙄🙄
Good deal. Glad you got it figured out. Seems to be a good system.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
The biggest challenge a lot of time with this new technology is unfortunately the learning curve that it takes to properly operate them. More than once I have gotten mad, set it down, come back later after a few YouTube sessions and then it works just fine.