Sha'anxi-Style Pronghorn Shanks

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
So many guys look at the shank as a piece of burger attached to a useless bone. Ugh. Cut them off at the knee and knuckle, keep the meat on there and slow cook it. You'll have an awesome bone soup better than any bowl of pho. Here is the first batch of Sha'anxi-style home-made noodles with pronghorn shanks from this year's take. Black vinegar, scallions and a clove of garlic to munch on while you're slurping.
Shaanxi_Pronghorn_Shank.JPGPronghorn.JPG

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
'CB,

Man, that looks legit. Making me hungry...wash it down with some Tsing Tao or plum wine for me to go all the way with it.

I bet some of the slow cooked trim meat would work for dumpling fillings. *gears turning*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
'CB,

Man, that looks legit. Making me hungry...wash it down with some Tsing Tao or plum wine for me to go all the way with it.

I bet some of the slow cooked trim meat would work for dumpling fillings. *gears turning*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
great minds think alike - all the pronghorn trim is ground (no fat added) and it goes into jiaozi (dumplings) after being mixed with chantrelle mushrooms, ginger and garlic