SF0003 Update

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop on what happened today in the house TRW committee meeting on this license set aside bill.

First of all, your emails made a huge impact, there was a lot of discussion regarding the fairness, constitutionality, and reasons for set asides.

Representative MacGuire, who is 100% spot on with this bill, gave some of, if not the best public testimony on hunting I have heard probably ever. He is 100% about keeping hunting available to all, young, old, rich, poor, man, women, black, white, he doesn't care hunting should be equal to all. He's a perfect fit on the TRW committee.

He offered an amendment to keep the bill as is, with the current tag allotment set at 80, split evenly between the Lander one shot hunt and the women's hunt at 40 each. I want to be perfectly clear that the Women's hunt is the real deal, they do great work and we all need to actively work on getting more women in the field. But, this bill is not about the integrity of the Women's hunt, its about keeping Access to tags on a level playing field.

So, the next step, and I almost hate to ask again, but I think its important enough, the entire House side needs to hear that splitting the 80 existing tags between the 2 hunts, that the MacGuire amendment recommends, is the only path forward, if not, the bill needs to go away. This thing is going to get punted around on the floor here soon, and we need to keep the amendment alive keeping the allotment at 80 tags, or ask that the legislation not move forward.

Please, be polite and to the point...you guys that sent emails made a tremendous difference, no question...thank you.

Here's the list: http://legisweb.state.wy.us/LegislatorSummary/LegislatorList.aspx?strHouse=H&strStatus=N

Jim.Allen@wyoleg.gov Eric.Barlow@wyoleg.gov Bo.Biteman@wyoleg.gov Jim.Blackburn@wyoleg.gov stan.blake@wyoleg.gov Debbie.Bovee@wyoleg.gov Landon.Brown@wyoleg.gov Donald.Burkhart@wyoleg.gov james.byrd@wyoleg.gov Aaron.Clausen@wyoleg.gov Scott.Clem@wyoleg.gov Cathy.Connolly@wyoleg.gov Scott.Court@wyoleg.gov Thomas.Crank@wyoleg.gov JoAnn.Dayton@wyoleg.gov Roy.Edwards@wyoleg.gov John.Eklund@wyoleg.gov Danny.Eyre@wyoleg.gov Jamie.Flitner@wyoleg.gov John.Freeman@wyoleg.gov Dan.Furphy@wyoleg.gov Mike.Gierau@wyoleg.gov Chuck.Gray@wyoleg.gov mike.greear@wyoleg.gov Bill.Haley@wyoleg.gov Marti.Halverson@wyoleg.gov Tim.Hallinan@wyoleg.gov steve.harshman@wyoleg.gov Bill.Henderson@wyoleg.gov hans.hunt@wyoleg.gov Mark.Jennings@wyoleg.gov Mark.Kinner@wyoleg.gov Dan.Kirkbride@wyoleg.gov Lloyd.Larsen@wyoleg.gov Dan.Laursen@wyoleg.gov Tyler.Lindholm@wyoleg.gov Lars.Lone@wyoleg.gov Bunky.Loucks@wyoleg.gov Mike.Madden@wyoleg.gov David.Miller@wyoleg.gov Bob.Nicholas@wyoleg.gov David.Northrup@wyoleg.gov Jerry.Obermueller@wyoleg.gov Jared.Olsen@wyoleg.gov Jerry.Paxton@wyoleg.gov Charles.Pelkey@wyoleg.gov Garry.Piiparinen@wyoleg.gov Bill.Pownall@wyoleg.gov Tim.Salazar@wyoleg.gov Andy.Schwartz@wyoleg.gov Evan.Simpson@wyoleg.gov Albert.Sommers@wyoleg.gov Cheri.Steinmetz@wyoleg.gov Clark.Stith@wyoleg.gov Patrick.Sweeney@wyoleg.gov Tom.Walters@wyoleg.gov Sue.Wilson@wyoleg.gov Nathan.Winters@wyoleg.gov dan.zwonitzer@wyoleg.gov

gasman

Jul 26, 2015
The setting aside of tags needs to go away. What are your thoughts about an exclusive group being a beneficiary of State assets?

Last edited:

BuzzH

Very Active Member
Apr 15, 2015
The setting aside of tags needs to go away. What are your thoughts about an exclusive group being a beneficiary of State assets?
Not in favor of them at all...but don't tell me, tell the Legislature.

I don't make the decisions, they do.

With what we're working with, the MacGuire Amendment is the best over-all compromise.

Send those emails...ASAP.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Just got my latest issue of "Fairchase" magazine and there is a story in it about the ladies hunt. Havn't read it yet. Just thought I'd let you all know so you can read a little about it.

gasman

Jul 26, 2015
Not in favor of them at all...but don't tell me, tell the Legislature.

I don't make the decisions, they do.

With what we're working with, the MacGuire Amendment is the best over-all compromise.

Send those emails...ASAP.
Im working on it. I appreciate the updates.

wyohunter1

May 5, 2012
You'd think with all the Antelope tags on the eastern side of the state, they could find a ranch to cater to the all women antelope hunt and they can all draw tags to hunt no problem.

JM77

Apr 25, 2016
Casper, Wyoming
You'd think with all the Antelope tags on the eastern side of the state, they could find a ranch to cater to the all women antelope hunt and they can all draw tags to hunt no problem.
That is exactly what the Women's hunt does. They are based out of the Ranch At Ucross. Every area they hunt is 100% draw. Convenience, I believe, is their motive. They don't care to apply and want to add hunters as they go.

No matter, the fix is in. This will pass 3rd reading on Monday.

WY ME

Very Active Member
Feb 4, 2014
Wyoming
Just got my latest issue of "Fairchase" magazine and there is a story in it about the ladies hunt. Havn't read it yet. Just thought I'd let you all know so you can read a little about it.
The Boone & Crockett Club's article is a very positive one in regards to the women's hunt although I don't know what their official position is regarding this bill.

The Wyoming Wildlife Foundation supports this bill.

Wyoming Sportsmen For Wildlife is against this bill