Seek Outside or Kifaru

schlaggerman

Mar 10, 2011
Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. Have been looking at Seek Outside's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug Out 3/4 tarp vs Kifaru's Paratarp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. I will assume ease of setting up is similar.

mlob1one

Dec 4, 2014
Looking for a light weight shelter for a upcoming backpack hunt. Have been looking at Seek Outside's Silvertip teepee and Little Bug Out 3/4 tarp vs Kifaru's Paratarp. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated on these shelters. The hunt will be the last week of August in Utah so real cold temps aren't expected, however daily rain is the norm. Would like comments on tent material concerning durability and ability to repel water. I will assume ease of setting up is similar.
I have a combination of Kifaru & Seek Outside. I most frequently take my LBO shelter with the Kifaru sheep tarp. The versatility of the sheep tarp is so great.
Last week I only took the sheep tarp with me on my turkey hunt. I anticipated two nights but was able to get it done in one.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Both are great products. Spent last night on the river camping under my Megatarp. I also have a Paratarp, but I almost always pack the extra weight of the Megatarp for the extra room. The Paratarp gets used in the daypack when I want the option of staying overnight but don't really plan on it. My hunting buddy and I own a 8 man Seek tipi and stove combo also that we have been very happy with.

mntnguide

Very Active Member
Would you guys consider them equal in durability and ability to repel water?
Yes. I have used both and have no issue with either company. I own a supertarp from kifaru, and have used both an 8 man tipi and the courthouse from seek outside. I will probably sell my supertarp for the Tut from kifaru just because I like to be able to stand up in a floorless if I'm using it. Choose the model that works for you from either company, don't think you will go wrong either way

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I also was looking at the tut, but the Cimarron was better in my mind due to a few minor issues users experienced with the tut.
However, both are outstanding units.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
What did you end up going with?

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I now own the Colorado and DST tarps from Seek Outside plus the 8 man tipi. From Kifaru I own the Paratarp and Megatarp. All have worked flawlessly and kept me dry when I've used them. I don't think either company has a quality advantage, both are excellent.