Scored on some Swaro's

Huntinguy0120

May 29, 2012
Northern CA
If you're in the market for some Swaro Optiks, check out the pre-father's day sale on EuroOptic. I scored on last years model, brand new EL's in 10x42 with Swarovision for $1799 out the door. Same price as the SLC HD's. Last I checked the sale is still going, maybe you can resist pulling the trigger, but I couldn't!

brianboh

Jun 4, 2015
Powell, Wyoming
So honest opinion are the Swaros worth 1300 more then Vortex Talons or any of the Vortex that are cheaper then Swaro? Are you just paying for the name? Not trying to be a prick but really just curious. I hunt more then the average hunter and Love my vortex and with the warranties is it even comparable? I know they may be better but are they worth 3 times the amount better. I have seen people buy them solely for the bragging rights.

rjroberts15

Jun 8, 2016
CA
So honest opinion are the Swaros worth 1300 more then Vortex Talons or any of the Vortex that are cheaper then Swaro? Are you just paying for the name? Not trying to be a prick but really just curious. I hunt more then the average hunter and Love my vortex and with the warranties is it even comparable? I know they may be better but are they worth 3 times the amount better. I have seen people buy them solely for the bragging rights.
Yes, I think so. The difference is in harsh light conditions and looking into shadows. The better details in those conditions allow you to pick out a face, butt, horn, ect that other binos won't.
Most binoculars are good looking away from the sun.

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
Swarovskis are well worth the money. I just bought a pair of slc and wish I would have waited for the el. I compared the vortex before I bought the swaros and I didn't care for the vortex much even though I'm a firm believer in vortex and what they sell. But the swaros are hard to beat with the crisp, clear glass.

Huntinguy0120

May 29, 2012
Northern CA
Lol, sorry!!! 2-1/2 years ago I too justified to myself that Swaro's weren't worth the extra dough so I went ahead and bought the $800 set. It was hard to tell the difference at the store and in the field until I was specifically looking at game incredibly far. It is like looking through heat waves on the horizon as I could tell it was a group of elk while the swarovski's around my hunting partners neck could see that there was a spike and the hunt was on. The differences might be small, but it is the fine detail, clarity and light transmission that made me sell my last pair, for half price at that too and start saving for a few years to get the best glass I possibly could.

At the end of the day, for me, Swarovski continues to be compared and reviewed as one of the premium pieces of glass and usually the scale tipper is the justification on price. With a little bit of patience and some diligent saving, there will no longer be binocular envy in the field and back at camp with friends and family.

Elkhunter96

Jan 8, 2013
Bountiful, Utah
I have had both, it was worth saving up for a pair of used SLCs versus my old vortex and brunton optics. I would also through Leica out there as a great piece of equipment. Find whatever is cheaper in my opinion

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
If you're in the market for some Swaro Optiks, check out the pre-father's day sale on EuroOptic. I scored on last years model, brand new EL's in 10x42 with Swarovision for $1799 out the door. Same price as the SLC HD's. Last I checked the sale is still going, maybe you can resist pulling the trigger, but I couldn't!
thats a great price, i paid 2350 for mine and i thought it got a deal!!

Bughalli

Jan 15, 2012
Great price! Pretty sure I paid a lot more for mine.

Are they worth it?...all depends on your budget. I couldn't tell much of a difference in the store or at the hunting convention, but was shocked at the difference in the field. It's the little stuff that suddenly you now notice. I.e. For me the moment was shortly after I bought them when I was looking at a deer and was like "holy cow, I can see the whiskers on his face!" Never saw that detail before. They're so clear.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Sounds like a great deal.

Only thing bad I can say about Swaros (or Leica and Zeiss's equivalent offerings) is that once you own one piece you tend to want others.

I got Leica Geovid HD-B binos first. Then after realizing how much better than my old ones they were, I started saving to upgrade my spotter. Now years later I have two Swaro spotters (65mm and 80mm), 2 Swaro scopes, and 15x binos. Once you get used to looking through top quality glass it's hard to go back. The optics I use hunting, and the scopes on the two rifles I use on hunts that I save all year for, are important to me. For example if it's to dark to see the animal I want it to be because its to dark, not because I didn't have good enough glass.

Laddy

Nov 19, 2013
Idaho
That's an awesome price Huntinguy!

I was going to start a thread here asking for moral support too, but I'll tag yours instead--slight second guessing myself hahaha. After years, and years, and years of wanting decent binos I finally pulled the trigger yesterday morning after staring at the checkout page for 20 minutes thinking "what are you doing spending two grand on binos you sicko?!?"

In my teens I had hand me down glass.

In my 20s I had whatever I could buy at sport stores.

In my 30s I had cabelas "they're just as good as the name brands".

Now in my 40s with just as many trips in my rear view as out the front windshield, I'm not compromising anymore. So last year while trying to stare into this dark canyon with the setting sun giving me a migraine I decided off-season would be the year.

I looked at all the big names over the last six months, hands on. Don't really know if they're so much better than other names.....but I can't wait to find out. Suppose to be here Tuesday according to UPS.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
They make it way too dang easy to buy them. Three or four clicks and you are done with them on the way.

Yep, they suckered me into a pair also.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
WELL ONE THINGS FOR SURE. THEY'RE NOT GONNA GET ANY CHEAPER. so if you think you might want a pair no sense in waiting.
I paid $1200 back in the mid 90s for my 10x50 SLCS . at the time I thought that was a lot of money BUT I have never regretted shilling it out.

7shot

Mar 26, 2015
Idaho
Welcome to the "Bright side" I agree the Swaro's are worth it. I paid 2400$ last year for the EL HD 10x42. I put them on a tripod and was spotting bears last spring at 2 and 3 miles away. I now have the 65 and 95 spotter scope and they are great. The 95 is unreal and the 65 is great for packing in. If you have a 65 don't get the 80 - not too much difference. But the 95 is a big jump, also more power. Also I totally agree with the non glare properties of Swaro's they are unreal when looking into the setting sun, you can see into shadows and pick stuff up that other binos can even get close to.

20150404_135000.jpg

NDHunter

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2011
North Dakota
Welcome to the "Bright side" I agree the Swaro's are worth it. I paid 2400$ last year for the EL HD 10x42. I put them on a tripod and was spotting bears last spring at 2 and 3 miles away. I now have the 65 and 95 spotter scope and they are great. The 95 is unreal and the 65 is great for packing in. If you have a 65 don't get the 80 - not too much difference. But the 95 is a big jump, also more power. Also I totally agree with the non glare properties of Swaro's they are unreal when looking into the setting sun, you can see into shadows and pick stuff up that other binos can even get close to.

View attachment 16720
Is that a homemade contraption or is it something you bought? I want to be able to mount my set to a tripod like you're doing.

Huntinguy0120

May 29, 2012
Northern CA
Hey ND! That one looks aftermarket, but you can buy one direct from Swarovski for $122 in their accessory tab for binoculars. They call it the UTA or universal tripod adaptor. $122 is pretty steep for an accessory but hey, at least they give us options