Save a fawn kill a coyote

memtb

Not just fawns......they will take down or at least attempt to take down adult deer.

About 25 years ago while Elk hunting in Western Wyoming, I was standing on a rocky ledge (about 20 feet vertical), glassing a large Willow chocked creek bottom for elk. I heard hooves running across rocks, and watched a mule deer doe pass directly beneath me. The large male coyote that was close behind, must have “winded” me and stopped right below me, looking up! A 270 grain, Hornady SP from my .375 H&H ended his “deer chasing” .....permanently! 😉 memtb

dirtclod Az.

Veteran member
Jan 26, 2018
Arizona
Archery Deer hunt in Az. on the Moggollon Rim with my brothers and
heard a loud sreeching sound...A little fawn ran by bleating it's lungs
out followed by a big Coyote and then a big Doe.Arrows flying everywhere.
All misses,By the look in her eye I think the Doe probably stomped the guts
outta' that poor Coyote.Ha!,Ha! 🔥

Montana

Veteran member
Nov 3, 2011
Bitterroot Valley, MT.
I’ve watched coyotes take down a fawn. It’s straight ROUGH. The mom kept trying to run in to help and they would start to attack her while 1 or 2 stayed on the fawn, once the mom would get 20 yards apart or so, they’d go back to the fawn. Once the mom knew she had no chance of saving her fawn she flipped out. Started spinning and kicking. Would run off 50 yards and do it again.

I’d like to think I am pretty in tune with nature and it still jacked me up a little. It was sad. It made me think of all the “anti’s” who aren’t in tune with what goes on. They need to sit through that. There’s no chat forums in Mother Nature about ethical harvests.

Reactions: Bonecollector

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I don't kill coyotes to save deer . I just love to feed them lead.
since so many today are stingy with their lead , the poor coyotes have been forced to turn to venison.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Only think rougher than watching a coyote take a fawn down would be the video of those wolves killing those peoples dogs in their back yard that I watched yesterday.

The little black dog though he was badass up until he found out the wolves were the real badasses.....

Nature is tough.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
those things are cool to watch! doesn't get more real then that. I actually would love to see more of it . especially in places like L A.

nature is a heartless beetch!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
wouldn't it be awesome to watch the big bad wolf take fluffy out of some movie stars purse and do the snake shake:D

I can't force myself to go to the movies anymore but I sure would pay to see that!