Rolling out

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Thanks go deep! Gonna try something different tomorrow. Well see how it goes
Buddy from our of state was here with a deer tag the first week of October. We just kept changing it up and going different directions everyday till we found a good one. If you get snow tonight like their calling for, that'll definitely change things!

Reactions: cking13

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
Thanks for the info guys. I’ll be at ten sleep in about an hour. What’s the best place to eat there? And if anyone is close feel free to come grab a beer with me.
I know its a bit late but if you eat out again ,the sleepy coyote feed me a darn good hamburger. Good luck hope you kill a monster

memtb

Day 2 was uneventful. 7 miles hiked but at least I saw a fork horn

Good Luck on your first Mule Deer hunt, wishing you success. And, it appears that pne of your photos is facing west.....if so, and you could magnify the image enough, you could see my place! But, it would take a lot of magnification! :giggle: Were any of those photos taken from Cold Springs Road area? memtb

Last edited:

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Good Luck on your first Mule Deer hunt, wishing you success. And, it appears that pne of your photos is facing west.....if so, and you could magnify the image enough, you could see my place! But, it would take a lot of magnification! :giggle: Were any of those photos taken from Cold Springs Road area? memtb
No sir I haven’t been up to 47 yet

Reactions: memtb

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Got it done on day three. BIG THANKS to MObowhunter156 and his friend Wally. Met up with these guys a couple of days ago and exchanged numbers for scouting reports. Told them I had a buck down and they came right over to help me get it out. 100 percent stand up guys. I’m thrilled with this guy and glad I held off. Patience is not a virtue of mine.57482090-6949-4095-9EB1-6781BA8F8118.jpeg

cking13

May 20, 2017
VA
Really wish I had a cool story about the hunt including hiking through a blizzard and over a volcano but I don’t. I had just gotten back to my truck and was leaving the area when this guy was standing on a ledge at 125 yards looking at me. He continued to stare at me while I got out of the truck and grabbed my rifle. Put it on his chest and he dropped on the spot. I used a tikka t3x in .270 with Hornady superformance 130gr bullets. I might not have worked hard for him when I got him, but I had burned plenty of boot and tire rubber the previous days. Better to be lucky than good I guess.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
No doubt but for some reason that doesn't happen to me lol
The first elk that I killed here in Colorado I actually pulled up to him on my 4 wheeler and dragged him a couple hundreds yards to my truck and brought him out whole.

The next year I had to pack a cow out 3 miles all of which was uphill except for 20 yards down to my truck. That one took us 2 days to get out. So there is pay backs.

Reactions: memtb