Ripcord arrow rests

HuntinFool

Feb 24, 2011
Utah
What everybody thoughts on these rests. Are they worth buying. If they are a good rest and anyone wants to sell one PM me.

IL Hntr

Feb 26, 2011
Southern Illinois
I really like mine. I shoot the Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter on my backup bow and put a Ripcord Code Red on my new bow. It is the best rest I have used so far. Very quiet rest

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
I love mine. I have had it in the cold and wet and never had it fail. This year I put a code red on my new bow, and it is very quiet. Can't go wrong with a ripcord

spotnstalk1

Mar 7, 2011
www.facebook.com
I would look at the QAD Ultra Rest HD instead. I had the ripcord but sold it to get the QAD. It had the same features plus extras that I really liked. For example, with the ripcord I had, if I was at full draw and let my bow down, the rest would also drop down, thus dropping my arrow too. The QAD rest will stay up and locked even if the draw is let down. It only drops when the bow is fired.

The QAD also has something they call "let down technology" Which basically is when the bow is fired and the rest drops down, some fall aways will have "bounce back" and possibly contact the fletching as it travels by or create extra noise by bouncing twice. Let down technology claims to stop the rest and lock it in the down position once the bow is fired.

All that being said, I have not looked at the new ripcord code-red. It may have some of these features. I couldn't say. I don't think the previous ripcord did, however.

RUTTIN

Veteran member
Feb 26, 2011
Kamas, Utah
The new Code Red does have a bounce back feature on it now, but it does not stay up if you let down. That being said, I would take Mt. Man up on his offer that is a screaming deal on a Code Red.

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
Good rests. Some problems if you shoot tall fletchings. The total capture rests they make have a low bar for some set ups.

kevdog

Apr 16, 2011
eastern South Dakota
I have been using the ripcord for many years(older model) and love it. A couple of issues I had was it was loud during the draw, but I fixed that with a little moleskin. I belive that comes standard now. I never really gave it too much thought, but now that I'm reading these posts it is a little annoying when you let off and the rest comes down. I should say I've never lost an animal do to this, but it's just one more thing to think about. For what ever its worth, I would recomend the ripcord. "hunt like your hungry"