Rifle scope for 243 under $400

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I am supposed to help a buddies wife pick out a scope for his 243. It's a Ruger American Compact he got for a truck gun and coyote calling. The price range is under $400. He doesn't need to dial, extra crosshairs, or anything fancy just a good reliable scope. Thanks!

Features needed in order:
clarity
low light ability
good field of view
12x or more magnification.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
leupold 3x9x40 vx-2 good scope for about $300 might even find one on sale cheaper.

I have several on assorted guns. been happy with every one of them

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Thanks, I'll let her know about this thread.

My first reaction was Vortex or Leupold, but I haven't owned Burris. I figured I'd learn of other options if I asked and I did. I have had good luck with Leupold for years and only looked at other brands when I started looking to dial elevation after having a few issues with the CDS.

TimberJunkie

Feb 13, 2015
Central Point, OR
There are many great options. I own all Vortex optics now, partly because I pay wholesale, but also for the warranty, but Leupold, Nikon, Burris, even Bushnell make some nice equipment. Go to a store with him and look through some. Play with the zoom in dial. Some are really stiff to move. I personally hunt in some cold weather with gloves on, and I hate struggling to get the power dial to turn.

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
There are many great options. I own all Vortex optics now, partly because I pay wholesale, but also for the warranty, but Leupold, Nikon, Burris, even Bushnell make some nice equipment. Go to a store with him and look through some. Play with the zoom in dial. Some are really stiff to move. I personally hunt in some cold weather with gloves on, and I hate struggling to get the power dial to turn.
I had a Leupold with a stiff dial, I sent it to them and They fixed it.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Thanks everyone. I ended up getting her in touch with a guy I talked to a lot about Alaska getting ready for my moose hunt. He sent me a PM he had a Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x new in the box he was selling, he went to a turret scope and never used it. She got a good deal and he got a good scope so both should be happy.

OldGuy123

Oct 22, 2018
This an amazing best scope and the greatest military rifles that have ever been used in the service. M1A and M14 are some of the popular rifles many hunters and gun enthusiasts are using these days. Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope W/BDC 800 Reticle, Black. This is one of the best scopes you will find in the market today for M1A and M14. https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight

OldGuy123

Oct 22, 2018
This an amazing best scope and the greatest military rifles that have ever been used in the service. M1A and M14 are some of the popular rifles many hunters and gun enthusiasts are using these days. Nikon M-308 4-16x42mm Riflescope W/BDC 800 Reticle, Black. This is one of the best scopes you will find in the market today for M1A and M14. https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
Leupold, Vortex and Nikon are within the price range. For another $50, you could step up to the Nikon Monarch series. Very good scope and many of my rifles wear them.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
have a
Bushnell 4500 4-16x

that's probably around that price point and pretty nice with the doa600 reticle which would match a 243win nicely I bet...