Returned tag

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Well I was able to scoop up a returned general deer tag for Unit 58. Never been there, just driven through on Hwy 28 I believe. Anybody have any insight there for deer? My understanding it’s a better elk area than deer. But I wanted a tag, so I grabbed it. It appears to be national forest on east and west side and BLM in the middle. Time to start planning!

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Sorry, I forgot to post about this hunt. Struck out! Found a lot of elk up high, lot of pronghorn down low. But not a deer to be found!!! Plus I tweaked my knee. But all in all, still had a good time. Just not a deer unit, for me, on the future list.

Reactions: kidoggy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Sorry, I forgot to post about this hunt. Struck out! Found a lot of elk up high, lot of pronghorn down low. But not a deer to be found!!! Plus I tweaked my knee. But all in all, still had a good time. Just not a deer unit, for me, on the future list.
so, you're saying there's a chance. ;) always fun to explore new land.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
That’s a bummer!