Repair of Your High End Clothing Gear

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Wanted to give a shout out to
Rainy Pass Repair Inc up in Seattle Wa.
Great customer service. Outstanding prices. Seems like there is nothing they cant fix/ repair and they have most major clothing companys camo to match.

While goose huntin the past 20 days my down jacket made contact with a heater and lets just say.....
Caught fire really quick😃

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Yep, that stuff happens real quick.

Years ago we were hunting javelina down in Arizona when we got caught in a snowstorm. We had a fire going at lunch and my hunting partner was standing close to it. He had been wearing some Kings camo pants for a few years and the bottom cuffs were a little bit shredded. I looked over at our friend Bob and asked him if we should tell the other person that his pants were on fire. The shredded parts of his pants were starting to flame up and he had no idea that he was on fire until he realized that we were talking about him.

I have a picture somewhere showing us standing by the fire and with all the snow you can hardly see us.

Reactions: Muley bound

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
If I had a dollar for every time I burned a hole through my pants on a Mr. Heater buddy, I could probably buy some sitka pants....and burn a hole in those too....lol

I always try to patch things with hot glue and a patch. lol

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I ruined (at the time for me) a good pair of rock boots by getting too close to one. The heat made the sole some apart....

My buddy was like "Whats that smell?!.... $hit your boots are on fire!" lol We still laugh about it.

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Those Mr. Heaters get you every time!!! A buddy and I were ice fishing and I bent over in the shanty to grab some jigs I dropped on the ice. My buddy says “what’s that smell, it smells like burnt hair!” Well....when I bent over I got toooo close to the heater. Burnt my eyebrows and eyelashes. Looked a complete moron for a while! Good laughs though

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
We were goose hunting last week during that cold spell. 4 guys in the pit. 4 buddy heaters on. We got covered up with lessers and I pulled off my down jacket before wailing away. Post all the shooting my buddy says " man all that burnt powder smells good" then he says " hey your jackets on fire" small flame but it didnt take long.

It was worth it. 😃

• Haha
Reactions: mallardsx2

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Wanted to give a shout out to
Rainy Pass Repair Inc up in Seattle Wa.
Great customer service. Outstanding prices. Seems like there is nothing they cant fix/ repair and they have most major clothing companys camo to match.

While goose huntin the past 20 days my down jacket made contact with a heater and lets just say.....
Caught fire really quick😃
That is funny, I may have set a sleeping bag on fire once...