Ready

elkmtngear

Feb 21, 2011
I was ready two minutes after the 2010 season ended! Once I get there, I just don't want to leave.

Attachments

ElkNut1

Feb 24, 2011
Idaho
www.elknut.com
Hey guys, how's it going! I think the "cabin fever" is running rampant this time of year for all! (grin) Heck, I'm looking forward to chasing some turkeys with a bow this year, April 15th it happens here in ID, still have over 4' of snow on the ground at this time & it's getting old once again! For now I just want to see the sun, it's been a while!!!

ElkNut1

bluedunn0

Feb 21, 2011
North Dakota
I am still enjoying the "cool" temps around here in ND. Not looking forward to 90s and 100s. Still plenty to do around here. Almost time for some spring walleyes!!!!

grok34

Feb 21, 2011
Definitely getting cabin fever...under 6 months till archery opens..not sure how I'm going to make it that long. Just use the extra energy to train harder for my solo central Idaho backpack hunts

32hunter

Mar 7, 2011
New Mexico
I have been keeping busy getting apps filled out and sent in. Collecting $$$$ from my buddies can be a full time job. Planning to take a trip up to the mountins at the end of the month just to get up there. Im counting the days till the draw results come out and then Ill really get excited.

shed

Mar 10, 2011
I can hunt and fish year round, just have to be creative at times. No need to get restless. I can always fill the time with working on my gear, etc.

elktracker

Feb 24, 2011
Jackson, WY
I got sick of waiting to hunt until fall every year so this spring I am going to go after a black bear with my bow starting Apr 15th and might give turkey a try in May. The lake should be thawing out before too long so I can go catch some trout and I can start shed hunting on May 1st. My job of tracking radio collared elk keeps me entertained pretty well too, some days I would actually rather stay home when its 30 below. No cabin fever for me.

mthuntress

Mar 2, 2011
Dillon,MT
same here going one my first blackbear hunt {I hope waiting for to Doc to clear me got hurt at work may have torn something in my knee} in April.LOL was talking to my 15 year old brother {he's got the hunting bug bad}and told me last night it was a 161 days until bow season.Had to tell him to go read the books I got him at the outdoor show;that it would help him get thru until season.He is reading David Long's book Public Land Mulies The Bottom Line and then he's going to reread Cameron Hanes Backcountry Bowhunting guide to the wild side.I didn't tell him but I think I got the "bug" worst then him been reading all of my old EBJ and EHJ and think about the gear I need to get but that could be becuase I've not been able to go outside for the last week becuase I've had to keep my knee up and no weight baring.Hurry up Doc I'm going to go nuts soon>
?Can anyone reccomend any other books on hunting for my brother at the rate he is reading going to need about 15 more books to get him thru until season.At lest I don't have to worry about school days and then two hours he's doing P90X and running every day.