Quotas on W G&F page

50bowhunter

Jan 6, 2016
Trying to figure out the true quotas on the g&f page. I'll use antelope unit 42 for an example. On the draw odds page that looks like a spreadsheet, it appears there is a 26 tag quota in the special draw.

On the interactive map, when you choose a unit, it shows unit draw odds. On this page it says the quota is 8.

The draw odds for this unit match up, but other units don't. Which one is right, or am I wrong in what I'm looking at. In all of my research, I've only used the spreadsheet odds page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
So you are clear that there is a random special draw, and a preference point special draw?

Looks like your screenshots show one of each.

50bowhunter

Jan 6, 2016
I thought that might be the case, but on the interactive map info, it doesn't show how many tags are in the regular draw. At least I'm not seeing it

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
Ya, it takes a little looking around, and using a computer instead of a phone helps.

Not sure you are using a phone, that is just an observation regarding all draw data.

50bowhunter

Jan 6, 2016
I use a regular computer at the office. At home it's either phone or iPad.

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I dont think you are looking at the same thing. The spread sheet shows NR special PP the other is showing the NR special random. That is 2 different draws wuth 2 different quotas.

Alabama

Veteran member
Feb 18, 2013
Sweet Home Alabama
There were 34 total tags for the Special license. 26 in the PP draw and 8 in the random draw. 75% PP and 25% random (they rounded). Those were the quotas but WY will fill party apps even if there is only 1 tag left, that is why there were actually 27 tags given out during the PP draw.