Quiet Rain Gear?

wideflange

Jun 24, 2019
Anyone have a go-to set of quiet rain gear? Most that I have tried sound like I'm wrapped in aluminum foil while hunting...
Thanks

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Where are you hunting? I carry an Anyoo multi-cam tarp/poncho that's not exactly mylar, but not Sitka either. But rain deadens a lot of sounds, and I hardly ever have it on longer than 20-40mins. It just doesn't rain that long where I go (Colorado). By the time I need something more serious it's usually snow season (and a different answer...)

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
Core4element Torrent is a good one, too bad they are no longer in business.
Have had a jacket and pants for years and they still work great and are pretty quiet.

archeranthony

Dec 10, 2018
Texas
I’ve never been so impressed with rain gear as I am my Mt050 Gore-Tex gear from Cabela’s. Spent 11hrs in heavy rains with my hood up last year on opening day of rifle here in PA & I was bone dry. Its exterior is a fleece of some sort & its dead silent.
I totally agree I have the mt050 winter jacket from Cabela’s it is totally silent. I bought the Sitka downpour for Colorado this year. I didn’t have to use it . But I can tell you it’s like wearing plastic bags it’s that loud

Daubs

Aug 5, 2016
Nebraska
I’ve never been so impressed with rain gear as I am my Mt050 Gore-Tex gear from Cabela’s. Spent 11hrs in heavy rains with my hood up last year on opening day of rifle here in PA & I was bone dry. Its exterior is a fleece of some sort & its dead silent.
^^ AGREE ^^

My Cabela's MTo50 Gore-Tex is probably 15 years old...it's awesome! You can still find some on e-bay/craigslist/rockslide used.

I wear it a lot while deer and turkey hunting. It's a great quiet later to block wind. When it's cold, I throw on base layer, insulation layer, Kuiu guid jacket, then the MTo50. Keeps me toasty warm.

Very quiet as well.