QAD Ultra Rest: anybody use their rests, if so what are your thoughts?

elktracker

Feb 24, 2011
Jackson, WY
Wondering if anyone has used a QAD Ultra Rest. I have heard good things about them and am thinking about getting one. I would probably go with the Hunter model because of my budget but I really like the lock down feature of the LD line. I'm wondering if anyone has problems with the Hunter flipping up and contacting their fletchings. Thanks in advance for any input.

twp1224

Mar 6, 2011
Central Coast
I use the QAD Hunter and have never had a problem it flipping up. It's a great fall away rest. I have had mine for 2 years and it's great with no issues. You will be happy with it for sure.

elktracker

Feb 24, 2011
Jackson, WY
I use the QAD Hunter and have never had a problem it flipping up. It's a great fall away rest. I have had mine for 2 years and it's great with no issues. You will be happy with it for sure.
Thanks, twp. Seems like every product I ask about on here you have it and really like it haha. Great minds think alike maybe? What bow do you shoot by the way?

pat_estvold

Mar 8, 2011
North Dakota
It all depends on what kind of hunting you are going to be doing. I have a trophy taker, Shaffer’s, and whisker biscuit. The only thing about QAD is that the prongs are plastic, and hunting late season here in North Dakota sometimes plastic and cold weather do not get along.
1. Yes drop ways are probably the way to go when shooting loner distance
2. Hunting spot-&-stock the Whisker Biscuit is the way to go. Very tough, easy to turn in the field if needed .and your arrow is not going to fall out or bang around when stocking up on animals.

Feb 21, 2011
Edmonton AB.
I found that the little bar that goes over the top of the forks sits a little low and can get in the way of the fletching moving through. I would love to see taller forks on the rest. Other than that, I love the rest! Mine has bounced down many a rocky hill attached to my bow, and hasn't given me a second of grief yet.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
I shot with several QAD's. I bought the QAD pro HD. It was noticably quieter than the hunter and a little quieter than the LD. Its a great rest.

801archer

Mar 27, 2011
I use the ld and love it, i used it -5 degree weather in late season and didnt have any problems. Also I put a piece of felt on the riser to quiet it up. Great rest

JNDEER

Mar 11, 2011
my bro and cuz shoot he hunter models and have 28 and 26" draw. For some reason I would get contact on my vanes at 30" with the hunter (I set up everyone's bows). So I went with the pro and the lock down technology and that did the trick.

Fetch

Mar 9, 2011
Green Valley Arizona
Elktracker I have no complaints about the QAD, I have the pro hunter, flawless in everyway. I wonder where I'll ever come up with replacement felt for the prongs and bar...I reckon I'll have to get creative.

Fetch

Maxhunter

Veteran member
Apr 10, 2011
Wyoming
I've used them on my last three bows and have nothing negative to say about them. I'm brutual on my equipment and they've never failed me.