Proposition 114

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
At least the wolves were finally delisted in the Midwest. I am headed to the deer camp in a couple hours, but haven't even seen a deer track in the last four YEARS there. 3,500 wolves in NE Minnesota definitely have a serious impact. However, hunting (legal or otherwise) will not have much of an impact on the wolf population.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
pp
At least the wolves were finally delisted in the Midwest. I am headed to the deer camp in a couple hours, but haven't even seen a deer track in the last four YEARS there. 3,500 wolves in NE Minnesota definitely have a serious impact. However, hunting (legal or otherwise) will not have much of an impact on the wolf population.
support your local trappers

Reactions: marcusvdk and 88man

Bullcan

Oct 6, 2016
I assume hunting license fees will go to pay for this. I am going to have to think hard on if I will buy a license and preference points next year. I spend approx $200 a year in CO on a year I don't hunt there, obviously more if I get drawn for a tag.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It was ironic that last night there was a show on a PBS station here in Colorado about the moose in the state. They covered from the first transplant from Utah to introducing them to the Grand Mesa.

All the while I was watching it I was thinking of how much fun that the wolves are going to have destroying something that has taken years to accomplish.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I signed a petition today to get another ballot proposition to ban wolves from Colorado. It's going around, hope we get it on ballot in the next general election.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I signed a petition today to get another ballot proposition to ban wolves from Colorado. It's going around, hope we get it on ballot in the next general election.
hope the best for ya. I really do . but it won't pass.

the mob wants the lil doggies.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I assume hunting license fees will go to pay for this. I am going to have to think hard on if I will buy a license and preference points next year. I spend approx $200 a year in CO on a year I don't hunt there, obviously more if I get drawn for a tag.
That's exactly what the anti-hunters and PETAphiles want. If a no wolves referendum ever gets on the ballot, then there should be wolf kill videos run non-stop, especially if there are some out there of them killing your pet dog. There's one where a pack is after a calf moose, and the cow fought them off for quite a while before the calf was finally taken down. The worst video I watched was a pack taking down a bison. They weren't having much luck until it was chased into the water, and proceeded to eat it trough the rectum forward and it took over two hours before the bison died.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
A state Senator is putting out a bill to reintroduce wolves to the front range of Colorado to Boulder and Jefferson Counties. He says that if those folks want wolves then they should get some in their backyards.