Proposed Utah New Fees

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Yep, It is to the point that they are going to price me out of my OIL tags that I have been putting in for.

I have a lifetime license for deer, small game, and fishing so that increase won't hit me except for the LE deer tags that I put in for.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I just chuckle about people who were encouraging the rise in NR tag fees and the reduction of NR license allocations.
When there are no NR's applying or not enough tags for them to bother applying (and since they are footing the majority of the bill thus far in my opinion) I wonder who they will go after for the money....

The answer: RESIDENTS

The state is going to get their money and more money year after year from somebody. They dont care who it is.

OOOOOOOOOOOh the loud crying that will ensue will be glorious music to my ears. Its coming. Just wait and see. When an Elk tag costs a resident $593 instead of $50 oh lord have mercy the tears will flow the whole way to the pacific ocean.

Its borderline extortion with what the states are doing now.
You must do this (Buy a useless small game license), just to get your place in line with a prefrence point.

Pricing people right out of hunting.

Last edited:

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
these states need a NR only unit.... lol.
or a certain unit where every tag issued is at the NR price! sure residents can hunt it....lol.

imagine that, 10% hunting pressure, trophies everywhere.

I dunno if it'll ever happen but I could see 1 price tags in the future.... supply and demand, states are leaving money on the table....theoretically.

Essentially if 10% of tags are for NR and they generate the equivalent of 100% of residents... 20% NR would equal the same revenue $$ as it currently does, and 30% going to NR would generate 150% of current sales.

Maybe there needs to be a NR association telling states, don't you want more money??

NRHA, non-res-hunting-association :)

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I could see a 5 or 10% increase being ok,,but 25-38-48%??? general deer isnt worth that for a non res//crowding and quality,,i will problbly go elsewhere,,will be lowering utah way down my list for "bang for the buck",just like idaho,,,price hikes and marginal quality is pushing the limits of the non-res//I was looking for a way to send utah dnr a e-mail to complain ,but so far have not found one yet? Lets get that e-mail to them and pitch a bitch about 48% price increases during bad economic times.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Utah is no different that most of the other western states now where they require a license to gain access to the draws but I agree on the increase, it is too much for me to consider them on their OIL tags anymore. I'll still put in for LE deer and LE antelope but that is it. I have a lifetime license there that gives me a general season deer tag with my choice of weapons so I'll still hunt deer there.

If you would like to send a email send one to the Wildlife Board members. It won't do any good but if it makes you feel better do it. I have sent them a few emails that fell on deaf ears but at least I did something.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
It’s the trend that appears to be happening in all the states. I only put in preference points for now, but still by the time I get enough points to draw, how high will the prices be then??? Realistically, I won’t draw my sheep tag for probably 20 years! The price is now over $2,000. By then, it might be $10,000! But I also don’t want to lose out on the money I have invested in points either. We will have to see what happens

DoubleDropMuley

Apr 18, 2020
Yup I’m on the fence now, trying to decide if I wanna go another direction on apps and dump Utah, already let elk go a couple years ago but think I have 11 for LE deer and mountain goat and just got another general deer now have 1!! Hmmmm Wuts a guy do 😁 life’s decisions!!

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
idaho is jumping into the greed too next year with some major increases as well,,,2021 i will forget idaho for the most part also

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
letter sent to the utah board chair/see above for link/probly wont do no good,but gotta gripe about the unreasonable 25,38 and 48% price increases to somebody.i hope other non-residents will send in e-mails to the board expressing there greedy price increases.

Reactions: DoubleDropMuley